Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

I've been reading through here from the beginning the last couple weeks laughing thinking SERIOUSLY. I'm from Texas and was raised around Cattle and horses. We always had a steer named hamburger, that us girls weren't allowed to get attached to. My husband grew up with rabbits, chickens, goats and horses. His dad raised meat rabbits. Fast forward to a few days ago.. I took my first extra dozen of eggs to my MIL and fil. Mil says o brown eggs are the best they just taste so much better than white eggs. I explained it's due to freshness, feed, etc. My fil says well actually certain breeds lay better tasting eggs than others. Mil asked do I have any that will lay white eggs, fil says she doesn't have white chickens, only white chickens lay white eggs, brown chicken lay brown eggs. The darker the chicken the darker the egg. I just said o, I never heard that cause no matter what he's always right. Can't wait to see how he explains the blue ones we are now getting from brown chickens. Lol goodness...

I've been reading through here from the beginning the last couple weeks laughing thinking SERIOUSLY. I'm from Texas and was raised around Cattle and horses. We always had a steer named hamburger, that us girls weren't allowed to get attached to. My husband grew up with rabbits, chickens, goats and horses. His dad raised meat rabbits. Fast forward to a few days ago.. I took my first extra dozen of eggs to my MIL and fil. Mil says o brown eggs are the best they just taste so much better than white eggs. I explained it's due to freshness, feed, etc. My fil says well actually certain breeds lay better tasting eggs than others. Mil asked do I have any that will lay white eggs, fil says she doesn't have white chickens, only white chickens lay white eggs, brown chicken lay brown eggs. The darker the chicken the darker the egg. I just said o, I never heard that cause no matter what he's always right. Can't wait to see how he explains the blue ones we are now getting from brown chickens. Lol goodness...

Every time my MIL and FIL come to visit she goes on and on about how much she loves brown eggs and how much better they taste and they are healthier and so on. I tried to explain to her once - not in a lecturing way, of course - that they are the same on the inside regardless of shell color but that was a few years ago and she still says the same thing every year when they come visit. Sigh.

Every time my MIL and FIL come to visit she goes on and on about how much she loves brown eggs and how much better they taste and they are healthier and so on. I tried to explain to her once - not in a lecturing way, of course - that they are the same on the inside regardless of shell color but that was a few years ago and she still says the same thing every year when they come visit. Sigh.
Lol, well I would blame it on his failing health but when I was pregnant with my first 15 years ago, we were camping and he told me beavers were marsupials. I tried to correct him on that too with no luck. Lol but I love him anyway stubborn old man. Haha

Yes, we had to relearn how to crack eggs, we also leave our unwashed eggs out on the counter, then wash in very warm water before using, then crack on a flat surface and pull apart. Eggs that have poo on them don't get stored, they get washed and boiled and either pickled for us or fed back to the birds. As long as the bloom is still on the egg, we judge them safe from contamination. It's been hard to re educate my husband that eggs on the counter aren't necessarily rotten, eggs with poo on them aren't necessarily contaminated, and these henfresh eggs dont expire next week, like the store eggs that are already 1 to 2 months old and washed that long ago.(which is why they put that crappy wax coating on them)
I don't like poo on the shells but usually it proves they are locally grown.....

Back
Top Bottom