Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

My friend's father in law won't eat the eggs I send home with him. He says the green ones look rotten. My friend's wife won't eat them either. Not sure if it was the fact that worms and bugs are in my eggs because they eat them or the "football" (egg completely smeared in mud and poo found in the coop floor) she saw once when I was collecting. He doesn't mind, they've become his breakfast staple.

I took a pic of my rotten eggs the other day. Disgusting, right?

Omg I can’t waiiiit until all of my girls resume laying!! That’s a gorgeous pic!

I’m new here.. so I’m curious... do I count as a citiot?!? 😂😂 I’ve lived within the city limits all 28 of my years. My hens are right here on my .5 acre lot that my home sits on, in the coolest neighborhood in all of Waco, TX 🤣

No. To be honest after the conversation I had in here about how you don't need a rooster to have eggs and how just because I have a rooster doesn't mean my eggs are going to hatch in my fridge I figured something like this would happen. Never hurts to try though.
That was like, the NICEST co-worker deed ever! And he just left them. People are deluded for sure smh.

I had someone who was surprised Quail laid eggs. I don't know if they were thinking they were like robins and only laid like once a year or if they thought they didn't lay at all, but that was fun

Another guy thought only happy hens laid eggs. That was cute though, so I didn't destroy that thought

I’m new here.. so I’m curious... do I count as a citiot?!? 😂😂 I’ve lived within the city limits all 28 of my years. My hens are right here on my .5 acre lot that my home sits on, in the coolest neighborhood in all of Waco, TX 🤣

I moved from the city 20 years ago, so that’s not the only qualification. A citiot is one who lives in the city, thinks country people are uneducated, dumb hicks, and thinks Cheetos are real food. One told me she couldn’t eat my eggs because they come from a chicken's butt. When asked where theirs come from, they replied "the grocery store". Ok, then. I have a neighbor here who has remained a citiot because they’re either in the house, or in their car, never outside. Don’t even know how to water plants, or actually cook anything. I gave them a carton of my beautiful eggs and, when I saw their dubious reaction, I didn’t inflict anymore upon them. Citiots. If you have chickens and are on this site to learn more about them, you’re not a citiot. You’re a displaced country person looking to find her way home. 😀

BTW. There are also Floridiots, people who come up from FL, acting like our beautiful mountain town is another theme park ("Oh, look, Mommy. A real hillbilly!"), hogging the roads at 20 mpg, with windows up, a/c on in 75F weather; and covidiots, people who wear their masks covering their mouths but with their noses hanging out over the top, and hoarding TP.

Last edited:
I told my co-workers that I was getting chickens.

My boss said, "Ew, those eggs come out of a chicken's butt!"

I laughed and said "So do the ones over there." (I work in a grocery store deli).

She said, "They wash them."

I answered, "I wash them too."

She said, "It's not the same."

🤦‍♀️

Everybody knows things from a factory are cleaner and free of any of that nasty natural stuff. Eewwww

I moved from the city 20 years ago, so that’s not the only qualification. A citiot is one who lives in the city, thinks country people are uneducated, dumb hicks, and thinks Cheetos are real food. One told me she couldn’t eat my eggs because they come from a chicken's butt. When asked where theirs come from, they replied "the grocery store". Ok, then. I have a neighbor here who has remained a citiot because they’re either in the house, or in their car, never outside. Don’t even know how to water plants, or actually cook anything. I gave them a carton of my beautiful eggs and, when I saw their dubious reaction, I didn’t inflict anymore upon them. Citiots. If you have chickens and are on this site to learn more about them, you’re not a citiot - you were a displaced country person looking to find her way home. 😀

BTW. There are also Floridiots, people who come up from FL, acting like our beautiful mountain town is another theme park ("Oh, look, Mommy. A real hillbilly!"), hogging the roads at 20 mpg, with windows up, a/c on in 75F weather; and covidiots, people who wear their masks covering their mouths but with their noses hanging out over the top, and hoarding TP.

OMG!! I love it 😂😂😂😂 The other day, at a corner store, I watched this cashier get into a heated argument with a patron over face masks. You see, Texas has mandated that businesses require face masks, so each store has a sign. Some stores truly enforce it and others don’t. Well this lady was screaming at a man for not wearing a mask. “YOU PUTTING MY KIDS IN DANGER RIGHT NOW!!!! I’M NOT SELLING YOU SH*T UNTIL YOU GO FIND A MASK!!” Meanwhile, her mask was only covering her mouth.... I literally had NO WORDS 😶

Back
Top Bottom