Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Pics
Something Fishy is going on in this thread.
tongue.png

I'm new to chickens but when I had brought it up at a family get together that I was going to raise chickens my aunt did't understand why i would want to do that! She said "WHY would you want to raise chickens.... you can just go and buy eggs from the store! WHY would you want chickens in your backyard? And I don't understand the whole them tasting different thing.. they all taste the same to me!"

Besides that when I first got into the idea of raising chickens I went to the town to make sure I was allowed and one of the people there overheard me and said "You know you have to have a rooster, and chickens must have sex to reproduce but you don't see chicken P*** on the internet unless you really look!"
sickbyc.gif
he also stated that if i lived anywhere close to him I cant have a rooster since it would wake him up in the middle of the night
roll.png

On the other hand my chickens just started laying this week! I have 6 EE, 1 Brahma, and 3 others I cant remember what breed they are, though they're all very friendly! Even my roo Buster, he enjoys crowing when he sees someone just because he wants some attention
big_smile.png

My roos never crow in the middle of the night. They wait till 4 AM.

My son and DIL get eggs from me. He picked up some eggs a couple of days ago, and said that he lost one of the eggs from the previous batch. His daughter took it. I didn't understand the significance of this statement until he went on to explain that she had squirreled it away in a basket with a blanket wrapped around it. She wanted to hatch a baby chick. This is the second child, who, after visiting my "farm" has taken an egg and done the blanket/basket routine. The last child hid one under her bed when she was visiting her Grammy. Grammy was none too pleased when she discovered the plot. (eventually, she would have found a bad egg under the bed!)

My roos never crow in the middle of the night. They wait till 4 AM.

My son and DIL get eggs from me. He picked up some eggs a couple of days ago, and said that he lost one of the eggs from the previous batch. His daughter took it. I didn't understand the significance of this statement until he went on to explain that she had squirreled it away in a basket with a blanket wrapped around it. She wanted to hatch a baby chick. This is the second child, who, after visiting my "farm" has taken an egg and done the blanket/basket routine. The last child hid one under her bed when she was visiting her Grammy. Grammy was none too pleased when she discovered the plot. (eventually, she would have found a bad egg under the bed!)
Oh my gosh! That is hilarious!

I'm new to chickens but when I had brought it up at a family get together that I was going to raise chickens my aunt did't understand why i would want to do that! She said "WHY would you want to raise chickens.... you can just go and buy eggs from the store! WHY would you want chickens in your backyard? And I don't understand the whole them tasting different thing.. they all taste the same to me!"

Besides that when I first got into the idea of raising chickens I went to the town to make sure I was allowed and one of the people there overheard me and said "You know you have to have a rooster, and chickens must have sex to reproduce but you don't see chicken P*** on the internet unless you really look!"
sickbyc.gif
he also stated that if i lived anywhere close to him I cant have a rooster since it would wake him up in the middle of the night
roll.png

On the other hand my chickens just started laying this week! I have 6 EE, 1 Brahma, and 3 others I cant remember what breed they are, though they're all very friendly! Even my roo Buster, he enjoys crowing when he sees someone just because he wants some attention
big_smile.png

Thank you for getting us back to the subject at hand!!
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom