Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Pics
So, new story: In recent years our fairly small community ( one long main street running between the Columbia River and the mountains) ) has been inundated by wild turkeys that have been released south of the border and which have been moving north to better pastures. A lot of them were getting hit at a specific spot on the road so a kind person put up a sign that says: caution: turkey crossing. A friend took a picture of a family of turkeys crossing at the sign and sent it to her niece back east in Montreal. The niece asked: How did you teach the birds to cross at the sign?Can they read?
there was a post and film of a recording a women called in about a deer crossing how dangerous it was to train the deer
to cross there and maybe should ask them to cross at a school crossing instead
woot.gif

So, new story: In recent years our fairly small community ( one long main street running between the Columbia River and the mountains) ) has been inundated by wild turkeys that have been released south of the border and which have been moving north to better pastures. A lot of them were getting hit at a specific spot on the road so a kind person put up a sign that says: caution: turkey crossing. A friend took a picture of a family of turkeys crossing at the sign and sent it to her niece back east in Montreal. The niece asked: How did you teach the birds to cross at the sign?Can they read?

So sad but funny.

Quote: My friend the disabled vet she came from rescued Mom and Dad not being told Mom was pregnant her first
heat a dog that size better to wait till 3 or 4 after hip and eyes are done but not our puppies fault or the others
although Mom lost 2 of the litter not knowing what to do... The one you speak of needs a strong hand big dog to
be boss I am not that stable anymore myself but cradling any large breed as a pup goes a long way to
establish top dog

My friend the disabled vet she came from rescued Mom and Dad not being told Mom was pregnant her first
heat a dog that size better to wait till 3 or 4 after hip and eyes are done but not our puppies fault or the others
although Mom lost 2 of the litter not knowing what to do... The one you speak of needs a strong hand big dog to
be boss I am not that stable anymore myself but cradling any large breed as a pup goes a long way to
establish top dog

We need a pair big enough to protect against mountain lion, bear, wolf and coyote. I've raised large breeds and stubborn breeds before, but these will be our first LGD. I wanted a breed that would be more standoff ish with strangers, as my husband is often gone most of the day and we are moving onto property which backs up onto state forest land. Good on you for giving a home to one of the pups. I hope she works out well for you.

Back
Top Bottom