Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

I recently had a barbecue and of course we had chicken. Later on we were talking to my niece about how thankful we were to her aunt for bringing the chicken. My niece pop up and says. "What I didn't eat any cuz I thought they were from yours. I only eat chicken from the store" really where does she think the store chickens come from. I actually laughed at her.

I recently had a barbecue and of course we had chicken. Later on we were talking to my niece about how thankful we were to her aunt for bringing the chicken. My niece pop up and says. "What I didn't eat any cuz I thought they were from yours. I only eat chicken from the store" really where does she think the store chickens come from. I actually laughed at her.

The Easter Bunny brings them. :bun

RE: the green legs: In my 2 hatches last year, one of the contributing hens had willow colored legs. EVERY single chick that hatched with willow colored legs was female, and one of her daughters! RE: EE vs. Ameraucana, the debate rages on. If the bird doesn't breed true to color, it can't be called an
Ameraucana. I wish the hatcheries would get their act together, stop claiming to have Ams when all they have is EEs. That being said, I LOVE EEs. My EE roo throws blue egg color, so he has produced some wonderful green, aqua, green with freckles, olive, and blue egg laying daughters based on the particular hen. Interestingly, though blue is supposed to be dominant, some of his daughters produce brown eggs.

RE: the green legs: In my 2 hatches last year, one of the contributing hens had willow colored legs. EVERY single chick that hatched with willow colored legs was female, and one of her daughters! RE: EE vs. Ameraucana, the debate rages on. If the bird doesn't breed true to color, it can't be called an
Ameraucana. I wish the hatcheries would get their act together, stop claiming to have Ams when all they have is EEs. That being said, I LOVE EEs. My EE roo throws blue egg color, so he has produced some wonderful green, aqua, green with freckles, olive, and blue egg laying daughters based on the particular hen. Interestingly, though blue is supposed to be dominant, some of his daughters produce brown eggs.
The brown laying daughters indicates that he is not 'pure' for the blue egg gene.

So, he would be Bb, referring to his egg genes (Obviously, I lack the right coding terminology, but to compare, it would be like a brown eyed person Bb who carries a recessive for blue eyes? I had wondered if that was the case. Any how, I just love the chicks he produces, as the combinations are awesome. I hope he'll give me one more good breeding year.

Back
Top Bottom