Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

As somebody who will go to college later in life so that I can study evolution, I honestly have no idea how we were not all eaten by the smilodon.
Probably because as it was chasing our ancestors down, they would head straight towards the nearest dire wolf pack. While they were figuring out who was the alpha predator in that situation, we would probably have kept on moving.

thinking we need to all take our chickens move to one state only intelligent chickens people ok semi intelligent need spellcheck
I'm game! How about WI?
DontarguewithstupidpeopleGeo.Carlin.jpg
:lau
Lol love it!
from a funeral program
[COLOR=000000]Darkness Fell[/COLOR]

I ask The Lord to be with me, As I walked through the dell, Then came the dark of night , And the darkness quietly fell. Then I trembled in great fear, As the darkness hung low, Then I heard The Father say, "The darkness is my shadow." –Roger Lee, Copyright 2008
Love it! Very cool.

The scary thing? All these folks are out there driving cars, voting, and having children, which means this is getting passed along generation after generation. Dangerous, I tell ya...just dangerous!
x2

I have to say a couple of things...

FIRST, I am totally ashamed to admit but I was an ignorant fool not more than 6 years ago when it came to egg color. I WAS the idiot TOTALLY disconnected from our food supply and a girlfriend of mine gave me a dozen BEAUTIFUL eggs from her backyard flock. I think back to my apprehension now and kick myself, lol! If only I would have known what I had in my hands. There were some Marans eggs, EE eggs and others. I remember asking why they were blue and feeling really uneasy about eating them
hide.gif
, but I trusted her so I ate them anyway and I didn't die, although I did refridgerate them, lol!!!! I wish I would have appreciated them more.
he.gif

Flash forward to 2 days ago, I'm on the phone with a different girlfriend out of state (IN A FARM TOWN IN OHIO I might add!) and I'm telling her how absolutely head over heels I am for my new chickens and how I'm already planing to add to the flock so I get a full range of egg colors (hahaha....chicken math is happening). She says "well, aren't there just white and brown?" I proceeded to tell her all about the wide range of wonderful egg colors and she asked me a little meekly "well... but.... can you like... eat them??? You know... without getting sick???"
barnie.gif
I had a lot of patience and compassion for her, since I was there at one point. It's hard to remember now how unsettled I was about anything other than brown or white eggs, lol! It is also totally scary how many people still are and how utterly disconnected they are from the food that they eat. In the meantime, I have grown more aware and am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to my first backyard egg basket of many colors!!!

Quote: We once had a hen who we had named Lucky after she fell off of a Tyson truck. After we'd had her for about 6 months she stopped laying for a few days and finally laid a HUGE egg. It had multiple eggs inside. Sort of like a nesting doll. In total, that egg had 9 yokes. In the end, passing that egg killed her but at least she had those extra six months to live happily.

Last edited:
x2

I have to say a couple of things... 

FIRST, I am totally ashamed to admit but I was an ignorant fool not more than 6 years ago when it came to egg color. I WAS the idiot TOTALLY disconnected from our food supply and a girlfriend of mine gave me a dozen BEAUTIFUL eggs from her backyard flock. I think back to my apprehension now and kick myself, lol! If only I would have known what I had in my hands. There were some Marans eggs, EE eggs and others. I remember asking why they were blue and feeling really uneasy about eating them :oops: , but I trusted her so I ate them anyway and I didn't die, although I did refridgerate them, lol!!!! I wish I would have appreciated them more. :he

Flash forward to 2 days ago, I'm on the phone with a different girlfriend out of state (IN A FARM TOWN IN OHIO I might add!) and I'm telling her how absolutely head over heels I am for my new chickens and how I'm already planing to add to the flock so I get a full range of egg colors (hahaha....chicken math is happening). She says "well, aren't there just white and brown?" I proceeded to tell her all about the wide range of wonderful egg colors and she asked me a little meekly "well... but.... can you like... eat them??? You know... without getting sick???" :barnie  I had a lot of patience and compassion for her, since I was there at one point. It's hard to remember now how unsettled I was about anything other than brown or white eggs, lol! It is also totally scary how many people still are and how utterly disconnected they are from the food that they eat. In the meantime, I have grown more aware and am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to my first backyard egg basket of many colors!!!

I feel like that one's not that weird though since they only sell white and brown in stores and a lot of egg sellers even in farm towns probably mostly have brown and white layers since they lay best. But still, surely someone has colored egg layers and there's different shades of brown lol so pretty funny.

We once had a hen who we had named Lucky after she fell off of a Tyson truck.  After we'd had her for about 6 months she stopped laying for a few days and finally laid a HUGE egg.  It had multiple eggs inside.  Sort of like a nesting doll.  In total, that egg had 9 yokes.  In the end, passing that egg killed her but at least she had those extra six months to live happily.

Aww that's really sad but at least you found her and she lived happily! I wonder how many chickens fall off chicken trucks... and forgive my extreme ignorance here, ironic on this thread, but when you say Tyson truck do you mean a meat bird they were gonna kill or does Tyson have egg chickens? If it's the former, I didn't know meat chickens laid eggs.

Im pretty sure all chickens lay eggs,otherwise how else would they reproduce? And they are edible bc...well they're eggs! But meat birds are called meat birds bc they're bred to be bigger for their meat. I live in Northwest Arkansas which is Tysonland and Walmartville. I see Tyson trucks all the time.

Im pretty sure all chickens lay eggs,otherwise how else would they reproduce? And they are edible bc...well they're eggs! But meat birds are called meat birds bc they're bred to be bigger for their meat. I live in Northwest Arkansas which is Tysonland and Walmartville. I see Tyson trucks all the time.

Ahh good point, I guess they wouldn't be able to make more cornish cross if they didn't lay eggs lol but i thought meat birds got too big before they start laying? I thought they can't walk or die or whatever by 10 weeks? Or do they keep them on diets to reproduce?

Ahh good point, I guess they wouldn't be able to make more cornish cross if they didn't lay eggs lol but i thought meat birds got too big before they start laying? I thought they can't walk or die or whatever by 10 weeks? Or do they keep them on diets to reproduce?

lol.png
You are posting in the right spot! They can walk and live just fine past 10 wks if a person treats them like a chicken instead of a like a hog one is fattening for market. Many, many people keep CX past 10 wks and even past a few years, keeping them in the flock for breeding, laying or just because they feel like it.

Back
Top Bottom