Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

PETA is a joke period i remember when everyone was healthy and living from local farms but nowadays there is more health issues and all the food you get from the store is chemically modified some how and meat that comes from broiler houses are so strung out on steroids and growth hormones you go from chick to full grown bird in about 4 weeks. But to put down farmers that live off of what they grow be it chicken or cow or what animal is I see the most humane way of life you only kill to survive, we would butcher a cow and a hog and as many roosters as we could each year to get us through till next year. Along with putting up veggies from the garden. Fill the barn with hay , corn in the silos. And then what was extra sold off for expenses but it was a good honest life. PETA is nothing but city slickers that can't handle the truth that they are actually killing off the true way of life. peta is nothing but a way of discrimination against others!! And you wonder why we are in the shape we are today?
People's
Envision of
Total
Anarchy

I have tried, believe me. He isn't doing it because it is cheeper. It's way more expensive around here but he won't listen. He has it in his head that they are birds so bird seed is better than pellets. I understand that pellets aren't exactly a natural diet, but the breeds of chickens we have aren't exactly natural either. The need better nutrition to make as many eggs as they do.

Since he's obviously stubborn as a mule and refuses to listen to you, try showing him some advice from the experts. Also, remind him that these "experts" have devoted their time studying such matters, so that excludes him since he's clearly not bothered to study it at all. Besides, why would they make careers out of it if any idiot could just arbitrarily decide that "a bird is a bird", and decide any seed will do? It's amazing his children survived him. He should be more careful; every time he opens his mouth on the subject, his stupid is showing.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/know-how_pets-livestock_chicken_how-to-feed-chickens

http://posc.tamu.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/20/2012/08/L-5159.pdf

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/250789/wild-bird-seed-as-feed

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/727856/chicken-nutrition-what-your-chicken-needs-in-its-feed

Last edited:
Someone I know who is a vegan tried to tell me that butter was actually just cow pus and milk is cow rape. I couldn't help but laugh
1f602.png

Gee, really? I wonder what human breast milk is, and why babies grow so healthy on it?

Not me I am so used to coffee if I don't I wake up with a severe headache
1f915.png

Wow that sucks :/

Some documentary on Netflix with a side of gullible I believe

Which one? I want to be sure I don't watch it LOL

PETA is a joke period i remember when everyone was healthy and living from local farms but nowadays there is more health issues and all the food you get from the store is chemically modified some how and meat that comes from broiler houses are so strung out on steroids and growth hormones you go from chick to full grown bird in about 4 weeks. But to put down farmers that live off of what they grow be it chicken or cow or what animal is I see the most humane way of life you only kill to survive, we would butcher a cow and a hog and as many roosters as we could each year to get us through till next year. Along with putting up veggies from the garden. Fill the barn with hay , corn in the silos. And then what was extra sold off for expenses but it was a good honest life. PETA is nothing but city slickers that can't handle the truth that they are actually killing off the true way of life. peta is nothing but a way of discrimination against others!! And you wonder why we are in the shape we are today?
People's
Envision of
Total
Anarchy

You are absolutely right and people need to get back to that life.

But I do have one comment, maybe it's just me but most of the meat I see around here is antibiotic and/or growth hormone free? I don't think many use those anymore, people really don't like those in their food and theyve started cracking down on it i think. The chickens grow out in about 8 weeks and have just been bred that way, no hormones, just bred to grow fast. If I bought meat birds, they'd grow just as fast if I didnt feed them any hormones.

But it still is sad and cruel they were even bred to grow so fast to begin with. A lot of them have heart attacks and leg problems, often can't stand by the end :( now, if you raised them yourself you can do 12 hours on 12 hours off for feeding so they're not constantly stuffing themselves and grow a little slower to minimize health problems but the commercial places do not do this or care :(

It's been illegal for years now to give poultry hormones. And antibiotics have been strictly controlled for the last decade. Producers have just figured out that by slapping the label that says antibiotic/hormone free, they can charge a few more cents per pound. It's not that the meat is any different.

If you go to the broiler houses they still produce birds in less than 5 weeks we have a bunch around here and you can't tell me that a chick at 5 weeks old hasn't been modified some how I've never seen one yet that does and I know a few people that have broiler houses they get the chicks feed and all and I ask about getting some chicks ? Not allowed!

Last edited:
It's been illegal for years now to give poultry hormones. And antibiotics have been strictly controlled for the last decade. Producers have just figured out that by slapping the label that says antibiotic/hormone free, they can charge a few more cents per pound. It's not that the meat is any different.

IMO same goes for all the other popular labels these days. Non-GMO; no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives/natural flavor; no high fructose corn syrup; gluten-free; etc. Of course some of the companies used to use that stuff and changed their products but some of them never used it to begin with but now it is trendy and no one will buy the items without the labels anymore.

Back
Top Bottom