Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

@Rach4 What the people meant was that their dog is afraid of cats, so it couldn't have gone after a chicken... But yeah.
@KikisGirls The husband came over and wrote the check the day it happened, and I had given them an itemized bill that detailed everything. The wife came over the next morning with the letter (which contained many more excuses and reasons their dog didn't do it, tried to even pin it on my dog, whom would rather nap with the chickens and share the scratch grains (he was inside when it happened)), and her husband standing sheepishly in tow. The letter was even dated and signed at the bottom - a printed letter that looked like some legal case file gone bad. What made it funny (somewhat in hindsight) was that they started it by "We have had our dog for X years. We know you've had chickens for a year, as we can hear them crowing in the morning." A) It was my 3rd year of chicken keeping at that point, B) that was a very sly complaint, maybe? I've had roosters now for 2 years, and have only gotten compliments from older neighbors of how it reminds them of the farm they grew up on. Never has anyone said anything about the noise, and if they did, No-Crow collars would be purchased immediately, provided it was a reasonable and polite complaint.

@Rach4 What the people meant was that their dog is afraid of cats, so it couldn't have gone after a chicken... But yeah.
@KikisGirls The husband came over and wrote the check the day it happened, and I had given them an itemized bill that detailed everything. The wife came over the next morning with the letter (which contained many more excuses and reasons their dog didn't do it, tried to even pin it on my dog, whom would rather nap with the chickens and share the scratch grains (he was inside when it happened)), and her husband standing sheepishly in tow. The letter was even dated and signed at the bottom - a printed letter that looked like some legal case file gone bad. What made it funny (somewhat in hindsight) was that they started it by "We have had our dog for X years. We know you've had chickens for a year, as we can hear them crowing in the morning." A) It was my 3rd year of chicken keeping at that point, B) that was a very sly complaint, maybe? I've had roosters now for 2 years, and have only gotten compliments from older neighbors of how it reminds them of the farm they grew up on. Never has anyone said anything about the noise, and if they did, No-Crow collars would be purchased immediately, provided it was a reasonable and polite complaint.

Hilarious!

Here, the county has you sign a letter of agreement when you purchase a property outside of city limits stating that you are forfeiting the ability to complain about farm noise/odors. Takes care of any potential issues neighbors may have about crowing roosters.

Here, the county has you sign a letter of agreement when you purchase a property outside of city limits stating that you are forfeiting the ability to complain about farm noise/odors. Takes care of any potential issues neighbors may have about crowing roosters.

Wow thats a really good idea. I live in city limits and can have hens but not roos. Doesn't matter. My hens are louder than the rooster I used to keep (he slept inside and didnt crow durring the day). I even have one hen that started crowing after the rooster died. I feel sorry for my neighbors but i give them eggs and they claim they can't hear my chickens. Someday I will make it out to the country and build a coop a looooong way from the house.

Yea I understand that we both live in great countries as long as you stay out of the cities. We have alagators crossing the roads here where I live coyotes,snakes,a few big cats,and bald eagles too. But I understand you loose some to nature I can understand that but just total decimation for fun? No wild animal hunts for fun like a dog does.
I'd love to experience the outback one time I'm an retired truck driver I always wanted to try driving a truck train like you have there. But also see the red rock area. I don't remember what it was called but would like to see that and see if it looks as beautiful as red rock mess looks here I always loved that area. And actually never have seen a kangaroo or joey or wallaby up close would love to see them in the wild would be awsome

For sure, I understand that you are going to loose a member from nature, That is what nature does, and its just life's way, but when it comes to a domesticated animal It poops me to no end. Ahh that would be Ayres Rock or Uluru. It's a very unique place, and amazingly orange/ red colour. The road out that way is soooooo straight lol. It's an amazing place here, never appreciated it until I grew up lol. One minuet Bush, then turns to country and then back to bush. If you ever get the chance to I say head to Tasmania, beautiful. I would love to see the red rock you guys have. I love bald eagles, I love any eagle really amazing birds.
The Kangaroos here around my place are all over the shop. I can't remember how many times I have nearly been bowled over by one... Which is not a good Idea they can reach up to if not more 2mtres tall here, BIG boys. We have a family that comes up into our yard, around 12 of them that share the back yard with the chooks. Everyone seems to get on well and their hasn't been any problems... Except for one of our little boys "Sir-legs-alot" our rooster boy likes to run at them, and stops short when he realizes no one is moving for him. Although he hangs out with a Cockatoo that comes down to eat with the chooks. That is another stupid remark people say to us, one grumpy bum says that the chooks are disruptive to the natives here.... mind you 6 of the chickens we have we rescued from running around the **** bush out here lol

Would be exciting to be able to see that Ayers Rock have seen pics of it and Tasmania oh yes!! You would like the red rock area out west especally at dawn or just before sunset! Bald eagles nest here in Georgia on the water I know of about 6 nest close by love to see them when they are nesting. Bet your Rooster thinks that kangaroo sure is one big Rooster!! Lol

Quote:
Same here- can have Hens but no Roos. And my Girls can be loud. Have a Cochin that at times makes almost crowing noises, though not sure where she picked that up. The only Roo we had were 2 12 week old Silkies that were given away as soon as they started crowing.

I saw somewhere on here that a site in Canada said that white chickens laid white eggs and brown chickens laied brown lol bet they would freely out seeing a green egg must be a Martian chicken
gig.gif
That was me.
frow.gif
There are lots of us who have colored eggs including blue/green/olive/purple. (I didn't include dark Maran eggs because they are in stores)
The information is on the egg farmers of Canada website...the website one would go to learn about Canada's eggs. Obviously we're not mainstream but even the white/brown egg misinformation irks me...lol. I think I'm going to have to write them and ask a few questions.
hmm.png

They go into a wonderful breakdown nutrition facts...and then they put this.
roll.png

What’s the difference between brown and white eggs?

The difference between brown and white eggs is the hen! It may seem a bit obvious, but simply put, brown eggs come from brown- feathered hens and white eggs come from white-feathered hens. Nutritionally and taste wise, brown eggs are exactly the same as white eggs, so it’s really a matter of personal choice which eggs you choose.

http://www.eggs.ca/eggs101/view/4/introduction-to-the-egg

Last edited:
That was me.
frow.gif
There are lots of us who have colored eggs including blue/green/olive/purple. (I didn't include dark Maran eggs because they are in stores)
The information is on the egg farmers of Canada website...the website one would go to learn about Canada's eggs. Obviously we're not mainstream but even the white/brown egg misinformation irks me...lol. I think I'm going to have to write them and ask a few questions.
hmm.png

They go into a wonderful breakdown nutrition facts...and then they put this.
roll.png

The difference between brown and white eggs is the hen! It may seem a bit obvious, but simply put, brown eggs come from brown- feathered hens and white eggs come from white-feathered hens. Nutritionally and taste wise, brown eggs are exactly the same as white eggs, so it’s really a matter of personal choice which eggs you choose.

http://www.eggs.ca/eggs101/view/4/introduction-to-the-egg

Purple eggs???
ep.gif
Who lays a purple egg? We bought a Cream Legbar so we could get the blueish/greenish eggs & its like Christmas everyday when she lays. I don't know if I could control my excitement if there were purple eggs out there too!
love.gif

That was me. :frow There are lots of us who have colored eggs including blue/green/olive/purple. (I didn't include dark Maran eggs because they are in stores) The information is on the egg farmers of Canada website...the website one would go to learn about Canada's eggs. Obviously we're not mainstream but even the white/brown egg misinformation irks me...lol. I think I'm going to have to write them and ask a few questions.:/ They go into a wonderful breakdown nutrition facts...and then they put this. :rolleyes:

The difference between brown and white eggs is the hen! It may seem a bit obvious, but simply put, brown eggs come from brown- feathered hens and white eggs come from white-feathered hens. Nutritionally and taste wise, brown eggs are exactly the same as white eggs, so it’s really a matter of personal choice which eggs you choose. http://www.eggs.ca/eggs101/view/4/introduction-to-the-egg
Yep and I'm still laughing :gig

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom