Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

That's okay. I've had some really embarrassing moments, like when I didn't know chickens could actually pee, not just have it mixed with droppings... Boy was I surprised when one of my hens suddenly felt the urge...

Wait really!? They can!? I honestly didn't know that either, I always heard it was mixed in

I think in like 4th grade we were taught that all birds only had droppings, and the white color was the urine. I really just assumed chickens could pee after seeing it happen plenty of times, but I never really looked it up to make sure. Google tells me they can't, so now I really don't know... Has anyone seen their chickens urinate, because now I'm really concerned for my sanity and my chickens' health??
Because a yellowed liquid definitely shot out of one of my hen's bottom last year, and I've seen my other birds do it. Maybe they just drank a lot of water and had a *very* loose stool?

Last edited:
I think in like 4th grade we were taught that all birds only had droppings, and the white color was the urine. I really just assumed chickens could pee after seeing it happen plenty of times, but I never really looked it up to make sure. Google tells me they can't, so now I really don't know... Has anyone seen their chickens urinate, because now I'm really concerned for my sanity and my chickens' health??
If it's been warm, and they have been drinking more, they will have very watery poo. Looks like they just release a bunch of water, but it's not urine.

Last edited:
Not chickens but I'll embarrass myself lol

I literally just figured out a quart is a quarter of a gallon and it all makes so much sense now... my mind is blown. Yes I'm dumb LOL

Me, panicked, mixing electrolytes: Hey J?! Quick! How many quarts in a gallon?

J, puzzled, one eyebrow raised: Mom. Seriously? Four. Quart. Quarter.

Yea. JUST THE OTHER DAY. I should know, I've looked it up a thousand times. And still yet, I failed to independently make the connection between quart and quarter.

YESSS EXACTLY!! That's what I heard.

I have never seen my birds pee lol

Me, panicked, mixing electrolytes: Hey J?! Quick! How many quarts in a gallon?

J, puzzled, one eyebrow raised: Mom. Seriously? Four. Quart. Quarter.

Yea. JUST THE OTHER DAY. I should know, I've looked it up a thousand times. And still yet, I failed to independently make the connection between quart and quarter.

LOL so glad it's not just me!! It all makes soooo much more sense now....

And I just figured out 3 quarts (what I was wondering) is 3 quarters of a gallon....

Ridiculous I'm getting this excited over this lol

Okay. It was summer, right after a heat wave, so that would definitely explain why I'd seen them "urinate". I always figured I missed other times when they peed. My mom is going to laugh at me now, we just had this discussion last week...

ETA: I'd like to nominate my own posts as dumb things someone has said about chickens, to avoid any sense of hypocrisy, and also because I find it a little bit hilarious.
lol.png

Last edited:
TSC's near me are usually pretty good, 50/50 anyway. Some of the workers either are either real farmers, work on or have knowledge of farms, or the best the teenage farmer kids. I don't get feed there much cause we have a local mill close cheaper. TSC is a nice place to stop though occasionally.
Pretty funny, couple yrs ago I stopped, checked out the mixed bantam bin, told them I only wanted the one's with five toes. They looked at me like I had three eyes...
Then were shocked when they seen some had extra toes, had to call the rest out to show them. Then I told them they had black skin and meat
ep.gif

(are you kidding me, no one here ever heard of silkies?)

"what are you going to do with them?"

Gunna raise them up and eat them
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom