Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

I didn't say "never", but when I come home and am asked what I have going on such-and-such a date, then informed WE'RE going to visit with his family for 5 days and that the plans have been made, right down to a day by day itinerary, or that we're spending my only free weekend before Christmas with his daughter, I tend to buck up. I had nothing against his family - nice people. But, don't dictate to me how I'll be spending my free time. It'll lead to a problem, every time.

Ohhh okay, sorry, I guess I was misinterpreted it. What you just described does sound obnoxious and/or almost controlling :/

And who makes a freaking itinerary of what they're doing when visiting family? I've always just kind of gone with whatever happens and whatever everyone wants to do LOL and I'm assuming if he had just asked what you're doing and/or mentioned he wants to visit his family sometime you might have been more open to it?

Cause don't most people ask/say what they both want to do then plan together? It's a little weird he didn't

I didn't say "never", but when I come home and am asked what I have going on such-and-such a date, then informed WE'RE going to visit with his family for 5 days and that the plans have been made, right down to a day by day itinerary, or that we're spending my only free weekend before Christmas with his daughter, I tend to buck up. I had nothing against his family - nice people. But, don't dictate to me how I'll be spending my free time. It'll lead to a problem, every time.

Ohhh okay, sorry, I guess I was misinterpreted it. What you just described does sound obnoxious and/or almost controlling :/

And who makes a freaking itinerary of what they're doing when visiting family? I've always just kind of gone with whatever happens and whatever everyone wants to do LOL and I'm assuming if he had just asked what you're doing and/or mentioned he wants to visit his family sometime you might have been more open to it?

Cause don't most people ask/say what they both want to do then plan together? It's a little weird he didn't

The person who would do that itinerary would be my ex-husband. He made chore lists of things I had to get done every day and how much free time I was allowed. He also didn't want me working outside of the home or spending much of the rare free time with friends.

You can see why he's an Ex. I was young and he didn't act like that before marriage.

The person who would do that itinerary would be my ex-husband. He made chore lists of things I had to get done every day and how much free time I was allowed. He also didn't want me working outside of the home or spending much of the rare free time with friends.

You can see why he's an Ex. I was young and he didn't act like that before marriage.

Wow that's ridiculous! Glad you got out of there, with that type of controlling behavior it could have only gotten worse :/

My friend's father in law won't eat the eggs I send home with him. He says the green ones look rotten. My friend's wife won't eat them either. Not sure if it was the fact that worms and bugs are in my eggs because they eat them or the "football" (egg completely smeared in mud and poo found in the coop floor) she saw once when I was collecting. He doesn't mind, they've become his breakfast staple.

I took a pic of my rotten eggs the other day. Disgusting, right?

Looks like you have a diverse flock, shame on them.. But can't expect everyone to have an appreciation for backyard chickens and their eggs… Poor people for living in their bubble...

I'm there, except I get 7 days of solitude per week, not counting work. And, I'll retire June 1st of next year, 2018. Can't wait!! I got a case of cold feet, so put it off another year. Otherwise, I'd be retiring this year. But, the extra year is allowing me to pay off all my bills, so it's really a good thing.

My kids are grown and both husbands are "ex" husbands, so I come home to a quiet house every evening: I cook what I want, when I want, IF I want. No family obligations and no fights if I prefer to stay home. No making plans behind my back with family members, committing me to go see said family members, either, and no fights when I still refuse to go. Just peace and quiet. But, it sounds like you've got a good guy who understands your need for solitude, instead of resenting it. I'd keep him, if I were you.

Sounds likes a lovely time. And having the bills paid off will be better for peace of mind.

Any man that will roll with whatever I want and never have a harsh word, yea, I got a keeper. Chicken hanging out in the laundry room? Ducks in the bathtub to get EXTRA clean? More chickens or ducks? A stray dog? It's all good. :D

Ok I have no clue how to start my own thread.
Today my rooster was in extrodinary pain. His bum was bulged out and bleeding.
I put him in the bath and try to push it back in. It was so hard and I was hurting him even more.
I can't find an open farm vet because it's easter.
I felt I couldn't let my boy suffer so I made the hard decision to end his life.
When we quickly took his suffering away a full sized egg shot out of him.
His vent area hushed out with blood as if it would never have healed. I'm not sure.
But I am in disary sad and very condused.
Homosexual behavior is not uncommon in chickens, neither is female birds crowing. Both are a sign of dominance, and sometimes a very bossy "hen" will start crowing and mating other hens. It is a dominance thing. Your bird was probably female, but was showing rooster behaviors.

My personal theory is that chickens can be trans too, but that just also might be my trans self being a complete weirdo again.

I'll say never. Never ever ever. Can't stand husband's family. It's no secret. The husband goes, the kids go, and they all have a nice time, and I think it's great. But me? Nope. It's a long boring story, full of ***?! and I made it abundantly clear I married my husband and not his family. Too much weird and crazy and stupid for me to want to deal with. People who have nice families are the ones who have a hard time understanding, so you must be lucky in that dept @KDOGG331

Sounds likes a lovely time. And having the bills paid off will be better for peace of mind.

Any man that will roll with whatever I want and never have a harsh word, yea, I got a keeper. Chicken hanging out in the laundry room? Ducks in the bathtub to get EXTRA clean? More chickens or ducks? A stray dog? It's all good. :D

Good heavens, where did you find him?? Does he have any older brothers or a single father? I might actually consider having a man in my life again, if I found one like that. For some reason, men were always attracted to my independence and strength: then, after we were married, tried for complete control. Knowing me, why they thought I'd go for that is beyond me. What they saw is exactly at they got. I think it was an ego thing: they wanted to be the man who "tamed" me. That man hasn't been born, yet and I don't have a problem living alone. I actually like it - especially when the alternative is being put in a cage.

Last edited:

Chore lists??? Spindle and insert.

Last edited:
Homosexual behavior is not uncommon in chickens, neither is female birds crowing. Both are a sign of dominance, and sometimes a very bossy "hen" will start crowing and mating other hens. It is a dominance thing. Your bird was probably female, but was showing rooster behaviors. 

My personal theory is that chickens can be trans too, but that just also might be my trans self being a complete weirdo again. 

Since I believe all sexual orientations, in their many forms, are biologically derived, then why wouldn't it be the same with chickens? You see dogs do it. Makes sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom