Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Thanks, that makes sense! Isn't gassing more inhumane though?

Ok I found and reread the articles. So the change involves adopting new technology that checks the DNA in the egg to see if the chick would be male or female and never even develop the males.

ETA I tried the carbon monoxide method of coming when I hatched two deformed guineas (my first cull and I was looking for something easy and painless). It was not peaceful like claimed and seemed not much different from suffocation. I left the bodies on my deck to dispose of the next day and when I checked them in the morning one was still alive. So not only had I tortured the thing, it had to spend the night out in the cold right after hatching. I felt horrible and forced myself to behead it with a shovel.

I know we can "tell" whether a method is painless it instant by looking at brain activity but I still feel uneasy whenever I butcher roosters, even though I use the fast and effective head chop method. Having your last few moments of life be full of fear and pain isn't anything I wish on anyone, whether human or animal. (Correction: it may be appropriate for certain humans)

Last edited:
Once my friends were trying to think of the term for a group of chickens. (Eg a pride of lions, herd of cows etc) and I heard one of them get super excited and shout "a stampede of chickens!".

Shake the treat can out the back door and there is a stampede here. I can get behind that

My mother doesn't want any of the eggs from our chickens because we have a rooster, even though I explained to her several times, that while yes they are possibly fertilized, we check for them 2-3 times a day and put them right in the fridge when we find them, so there's not going to be a half-formed chick inside. She says its just the "idea" of it being fertilized that she doesn't like. (She calls them "rooster eggs".)

Not really a story, but some general myths that virtually everyone believes.

3) Vegetarian-Fed is better

Funny I see and hear the same thing about cat and dog feed, quite frankly I was happy when my cat caught and ate a mouse last night! She is getting quite old and I will miss having her as a pet when she passes and also I will miss her hunting for meals.

This thread is funny! Ok here is my story. When my very good friend from back home comes and visits he brings store bought eggs for breakfast. He says he does not want an egg that comes out of a chickens butt!!!! I am like really? You know where store eggs come from right???? He says not s chickens butt!!!! I guess you can’t fix stupid

I heard a joke a reach woman was traveling and her car breaks down in a rural town and this is well after noon and she has not eaten lunch yet and her car will not be fixed for a few hours so she walks down the street to the local diner and asks what the special was for the day and the waitress tells her tongue and the snooty gal says she cannot eat anything that comes out of a mouth of an animal and the waitress asks if she wants an egg sandwich.....

ETA I tried the carbon monoxide method of coming when I hatched two deformed guineas (my first cull and I was looking for something easy and painless). It was not peaceful like claimed and seemed not much different from suffocation.

Carbon monoxide IS suffocation! it is chemical not physical that is the only difference....

Ok I found and reread the articles. So the change involves adopting new technology that checks the DNA in the egg to see if the chick would be male or female and never even develop the males.

ETA I tried the carbon monoxide method of coming when I hatched two deformed guineas (my first cull and I was looking for something easy and painless). It was not peaceful like claimed and seemed not much different from suffocation. I left the bodies on my deck to dispose of the next day and when I checked them in the morning one was still alive. So not only had I tortured the thing, it had to spend the night out in the cold right after hatching. I felt horrible and forced myself to behead it with a shovel.

I know we can "tell" whether a method is painless it instant by looking at brain activity but I still feel uneasy whenever I butcher roosters, even though I use the fast and effective head chop method. Having your last few moments of life be full of fear and pain isn't anything I wish on anyone, whether human or animal. (Correction: it may be appropriate for certain humans)

Sorry i forgot to reply but that sounds awful :(

Back
Top Bottom