Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Roosters/chickens are some sort of mammal, aren’t they? I mean, I’ve heard on this thread that people say they feed their babies milk, so they must be mammals. And, the colored stuff covering their bodies is fur. Birds have feathers.

Hey, Oldrooster! How ya been?
I've had some ups and downs, but hopefully things will level off, how about yourself?

I had some downs when I broke both ankles 6 months apart. Living in the mountains can be dangerous. But, I’ve had steps built to the coop and, with the help of my walking stick, I’m mostly back. Moving the garden to a more accessible spot helped, too. I had a major up when I retired in June. The chickens and cats are happy to have me at home. Me too!

Hope it’s all ups for you, now.

Me, too! Let’s resurrect it!
Gotta have people saying dumb things out chickens first. ;)

Actually I do have one. One of my coworkers husbands wants to do chickens this year and she was going to have me talk to him about it to hopefully talk him out of doing it. HAHAHA!!! Fat chance of that.

Supposedly he wants to retire next year due to some assorted health issues and get chickens for eggs that he can sell at a local farmer's market. The problem is that they're in the city, Royal Oak Michigan, and would be limited to just 6 hens. Don't think that they would really have the numbers to really support going that route with just 6 hens.

Probably would need to remind him that he's not building a coop and fence to keep chickens in, it would be to keep critters out. Plan on showing him a couple of pictures of what a raccoon can do to chicken wire and why hardware cloth is better. Especially with the dogs that she said that she would worry about getting the chickens, especially her own.

chicken warrant.jpg

Well, gee. Six chickens will produce a couple of dozen eggs a day, right? That would be about 84 dozen a week. Should be plenty ... if not too many. Maybe 4 would be enough.

Citiots!

This one's not so much a dumb one but a funny one.
As you may know here in Alaska we recently had a pretty serious earthquake.
No damage in my house just a couple things fell off the shelves.
but my dad actually asked me if after the earthquake my chickens may have laid some scrambled eggs.lol
Of course he was joking but it did seem kind of funny with the earthquake and then all those aftershocks.

Your dad’s got a good sense of humor. Sounds like something a dad would say. ;^) Hope you said, "No, but lots are well beaten!"

Glad you escaped any major damage!

Last edited:
I’ve got Brahmas for the first time this year. With the feathers on their feet, they remind me of Klinger from M.A.S.H. decked out in his fluffy slippers trying to escape ... again.

upload_2018-11-8_19-12-13.jpeg

I’ve named them Lucy and Ethel. Ethel is larger than the other girls, but Lucy is HUGE! With the size of her tail and long legs, she looks more like a turkey or ostrich. Every time I see her running in the yard, I die laughing! Of course, she’s also a big coward.

Your dad’s got a good sense of humor. Sounds like something a dad would say. ;^) Hope you said, "No, but lots are well beaten!"

Glad you escaped any major damage!
My parents have retreated to warmer climates for part of the winter.
They sure are missing my fresh chicken eggs down there in Arizona though!
I actually was out of town at work when the earthquake struck.
I work in the oil field on Alaska's North Slope but live on the Kenai Peninsula.
Two weeks at work and then two weeks at home schedule.
Was supposed to fly home Friday night but due to flight delays from the earthquake I didn't get home till yesterday.
felt a few aftershocks in Anchorage on Saturday night.
It didn't seem to bother my chickens though as my buddy was over here checking on my house and feeding my birds Friday evening and yesterday afternoon I had 22 eggs in the coop from my 11 chickens.
So at least two days in a row they all laid an egg post earthquake.
I've heard and seen pictures of a few houses that were damaged in the quake and some businesses.
a couple of schools and a church caught fire due to gas leaks.
When I flew out of Anchorage yesterday you could see them working on the damaged roadways.
Fortunately no injuries or deaths.
Kind of makes me wonder if anybody's chicken coops were damaged as people sometimes don't put as much work into their coops as they do normal construction.
Fortunately we built mine pretty heavy duty and everything is screwed and glued together.

Back
Top Bottom