Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

When I moved into my current house back in May I had 23 chickens that I brought with me. A couple months ago I was in the low 60s because I'd lost quite a few of my originals, very sadly, from mold or fungus I think, and was replacing a lot of them. I like to buy the specials from ideal poultry, which are a 25 chick minimum, bantams or pullets, grow them out and keep a few, sell girls, butcher boys... I'd also hatched a few of my own to do the same with. So, that process takes a few months and my flocks numbers fluctuate a lot.

Anyway, one day my husband was talking to the neighbor at the fenceline and I walked over and he (the neighborn) mentioned that I have a lot more chickens now. I said something along the lines of having a lot of chicks that summer but didn't specify how, to which he replied that we should get some barn cats to help keep their numbers down. I paused for a second as I thought simultaneously "what the hell?" and "is he serious?". The look on his face told me he was dead serious and I walked away deep in thought, imagining a world where chickens reproduce like rats.

Edited for clarification and because for some reason autocorrect goes psycho on this website.

I think that if I had a rooster and had let one of my broodies have a clutch, I would be more scared of what might happen to the cat instead of what the cat might do to the chicks. I got one girl who I call Godzilla because she's downright fearsome when she's wanting to be broody.

Browsing Amazon I came across one of entries for whole frozen silkie chicken. The questions on it make me shake my head. The top one in this killed me.

Screenshot_20190126-204240_Amazon Shopping.jpg

When did a chicken become a turkey?:th I sure would like to know also how you can make meat vegan. :smack

Lol.

There is vegan leather!! a.k.a “pleather” (plastic leather) in the 80’s, but “vegan” is now the in-vogue term...so somehow people look for vegan versions of things, including chicken thighs. Like @bigmrg74 said, maybe they should understand the term “vegan” first!

Back
Top Bottom