Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Aha! A real-live citiot!
She was grossed out, because my friend gave me eggs (for eating). And one happen to have a dead chick in it. Lol I told her it was just a chicken dinner breakfast. 😁 It was an oops, grab the wrong egg incident. Still makes me giggle. But I showed her the pictures. It still had the yoke, but looks to be a couple days from hatching. Would of probably hatched on the counter, if I didn't toss them in the fridge.

My dad has never really wanted to meet or interact with my chooks, never really understood why cos hes not scared of them or anything. Then one day when I was talking about them as I do, and he came out with 'chickens arent pets'!

Broke my heart...😥

I get asked that question almost DAILY!

There was a school counselor who grew up in the mountains, but went off to college and the city for a while. Therefore, when she returned, she was pretty full of herself. When I (former city girl) got my chickens, she told me I’d have to get a rooster if I wanted to get eggs, with a superior smirk on her face. I smiled sweetly and leaned in close to say, "Well, don’t tell my girls because they might stop laying". The smirk quickly evaporated and she never said another word about it. 😏

Last edited:
My dad has never really wanted to meet or interact with my chooks, never really understood why cos hes not scared of them or anything. Then one day when I was talking about them as I do, and he came out with 'chickens arent pets'!

Broke my heart...😥
My chickens are pets, they all have names too. Its just a bonus they poop me breakfast too.

I've had at least 3 people ask how chicken eggs are fertilized. The same way any other animal's eggs are of course, but they thought the rooster sat on the eggs after they were laid to fertilize

Back
Top Bottom