Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having chicken make my children go more often outside taking care of the chickens with me instead of making trouble inside the house because they are bored!!!!

Seeing their faces lighting up when we pick up an egg make me forgetting the predators thing!!!

I was raised in Montreal so i didnt know anything about farming...Since that i own chickens, i just feel more down to earth and i appreciate more the small things of life. I just hope that my kids will understand that too!!!

And its convinced me that i wont ever live again in a city.

Might sound funny for some people, but im happier since i got my chickens!!!

Having chicken make my children go more often outside taking care of the chickens with me instead of making trouble inside the house because they are bored!!!! Seeing their faces lighting up when we pick up an egg make me forgetting the predators thing!!! I was raised in Montreal so i didnt know anything about farming...Since that i own chickens, i just feel more down to earth and i appreciate more the small things of life. I just hope that my kids will understand that too!!! And its convinced me that i wont ever live again in a city. Might sound funny for some people, but im happier since i got my chickens!!!
There's just something about chickens that feels right. Watching a flock of chickens pick about in the green grass mellows me out faster than any pill ever could, and having our own eggs is a triumph in and of itself. I know what you mean about city living--I was raised in rural Kansas, and three times I tried to live in a city and just couldn't do it. I need the rhythm that comes with country living, and I need the quiet. Cities are far too chaotic for me.

My favorite reaction so far, when I told a friend about which breeds I was getting:

FRIEND: "What type of chickens are you getting?"
ME: "Rhode Island Reds and Cochins."
FRIEND:"Why did you pick those?"
ME:"Well I want some Cochins to hatch out eggs for my Reds. I want Reds because they are the most prolific Brown Egg Layers."
FRIEND:"Oh yes, brown eggs are the healthiest."
ME:"Well actually color has nothing to do with it. The nutrition of an egg is determined by what you feed the hens."
FRIEND:"I know! Unhealthy chickens lay white eggs, and healthy chickens lay brown eggs. You know, like white bread and wheat bread. The brown eggs are made of wheat, and that is better for you."

lol so my chickens must lay wheat eggs!

And I swear they were being completely serious!!! Apparently someone told them this "fact" and they took it to heart. Never believe everything you hear!

neighbor, "you know store bought eggs are a year old when you buy them right?"
me "where do you get your info because that is completely wrong."
neighbor "i still have the eggs u gave me, waiting for them to get ripe."
me " i gave those to you 3 weeks ago, are they atleast in the fridge"
neighbor "no they are in the garage, i read that they take a min of 21 days to ripen."
me "eggs dont ripen, tomatoes do. please throw those eggs in the trash before you eat them and get sick or die"
neighobr "NO WAY they aren't even over rippened yet!!"

me "sigh" walks away....

lol maybe he read about hatching them??

I thought the same thing, kaylee... "Maybe if by "ripen" you mean little baby birds will pop out, maybe... but ur doin it wrong."

Last edited:
My favorite reaction so far, when I told a friend about which breeds I was getting:

FRIEND: "What type of chickens are you getting?"
ME: "Rhode Island Reds and Cochins."
FRIEND:"Why did you pick those?"
ME:"Well I want some Cochins to hatch out eggs for my Reds. I want Reds because they are the most prolific Brown Egg Layers."
FRIEND:"Oh yes, brown eggs are the healthiest."
ME:"Well actually color has nothing to do with it. The nutrition of an egg is determined by what you feed the hens."
FRIEND:"I know! Unhealthy chickens lay white eggs, and healthy chickens lay brown eggs. You know, like white bread and wheat bread. The brown eggs are made of wheat, and that is better for you."

lol so my chickens must lay wheat eggs!

And I swear they were being completely serious!!! Apparently someone told them this "fact" and they took it to heart. Never believe everything you hear!

yuckyuck.gif
Now if only I could find out...which breed lays rye eggs? Preferably with seeds. Could you ask your friend for me? Thanks!
lau.gif

not about chickens, but just got this "message" on Facebook:

Don't crack up until you get to the end YA GOTTA LAUGH TO KEEP FROM CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!
These two an embarrassment to the USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe asks for 6 months of retraining for 'Cattle Guards! '
You will love this one, I haven't stop laughing yet.
For those of you who have never traveled to the west, or southwest, cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area.

For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.
A few months ago, President Obama received and was reading a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Colorado . The Colorado ranchers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Secretary of the Interior to fire half of the "cattle" guards immediately!
Before the Secretary of the Interior could respond and presumably try to straighten President Obama out on the matter, Vice-President Joe Biden, intervened with a request that...before any "cattle" guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining. 'Times are hard,' said Joe Biden, 'it's only fair to the cattle guards and their families be given six months of retraining! '
And these two guys are running our country, OH MY SOUL!

not about chickens, but just got this "message" on Facebook:

Don't crack up until you get to the end YA GOTTA LAUGH TO KEEP FROM CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!
These two an embarrassment to the USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe asks for 6 months of retraining for 'Cattle Guards! '
You will love this one, I haven't stop laughing yet.
For those of you who have never traveled to the west, or southwest, cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area.

For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.
A few months ago, President Obama received and was reading a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Colorado . The Colorado ranchers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Secretary of the Interior to fire half of the "cattle" guards immediately!
Before the Secretary of the Interior could respond and presumably try to straighten President Obama out on the matter, Vice-President Joe Biden, intervened with a request that...before any "cattle" guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining. 'Times are hard,' said Joe Biden, 'it's only fair to the cattle guards and their families be given six months of retraining! '
And these two guys are running our country, OH MY SOUL!

Oh. My. God.
th.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom