Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was weird. A guy I work with says he raised chickens as a youth through the 4-H program. I was telling him that our chickens haveonly been in their coop for about a week and we aren't expecting eggs until February or so. Then he says, "Now all you have to do to be able to eat the eggs is to get a rooster." What??? I guess he was told all four years he was in 4-H that the rooster made it so there was enough protein in the yolk to make it edible.

Now that's one I haven't heard before. I told him that if that was the case, there are a whole lot of people eating inedible eggs!
There's a lot more glucose than protein in that special sauce. People are special.

My husband was out raking leaves and he came in the house and said you have democratic chickens! I said why are they democrats? He said they are all out here saying BAA-ROCK!

BAA-ROCK Obrahma!
gig.gif

I've recently gotten the "Don't leave eggs on the counter because they will start growing!"
lol.png

I've also been told that I must be an animal hoarder because I have 20 chickens and 3 ducks. *sigh* I tried to explain that half of those chickens would be in the freezer in a couple weeks and all 23 are allowed to free range on 6 acres. Plenty of room. Of course I wasn't believed.
My sister said that once. I told her that I wanted to have like 30 chickens and she's like "That's what you call HOARDING!" I was just like, "There's a whole lot of other people who have 200-300 chickens. 30 isn't that bad"

My sister said that once. I told her that I wanted to have like 30 chickens and she's like "That's what you call HOARDING!" I was just like, "There's a whole lot of other people who have 200-300 chickens. 30 isn't that bad"

And some get 50 DP like many people got 50 or more years ago to cull the roosters for the fry pan and have 20-30 hens for laying.....

My response to that comment now is, "No, it's not called hoarding--it's called farming."

I mean, my goodness, when that one guy shut off the breaker at the chicken farm, it killed over 70,000 chickens. Seventy THOUSAND. I can't even wrap my brain around that many birds. Compared to 70k, my 24 chickens is quite humble, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom