Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
My dad considers my 85 birds hoarding. Then I just say, "Ya know, I was thinking maybe another 25 or so wouldn't hurt. We could really get another 40 or 50 (haha, definitely not serious about wanting that many more), if we'd expand the coop a little bit. Even a brand new coop would be pretty nice. Don't you think?" That shuts him up. 85 is really not that many. Except when all 13 roosters are crowing at 3 AM.
roll.png

*I'd like to put on the record that all the birds have plenty of space (7 acres) to roam. We actually do have room for 25 more. I would never give too many birds too little space. :)*

Yeah, our coop and run could easily house several more chickens, especially if we focused on smaller varieties. We had 20 chickens in the coop and run before we expanded it, and now it's five times the size it was. I wouldn't try to squeeze a hundred birds into the space, but another dozen or so would be no problem.

My husband has dubbed me the "Crazy Chicken Lady" :D

Do the green ones have green yolks?
Don't they lay, like, one egg a year?
Looking at big white Leghorn eggs: They must be HUGE chickens, or are those turkey eggs?
Do the green eggs come from green chickens?
These white eggs must come from your white chickens, eh?
LOL!

all of these totaly CRACKED ME UP!!

neighbor, "you know store bought eggs are a year old when you buy them right?"
me "where do you get your info because that is completely wrong."
neighbor "i still have the eggs u gave me, waiting for them to get ripe."
me " i gave those to you 3 weeks ago, are they atleast in the fridge"
neighbor "no they are in the garage, i read that they take a min of 21 days to ripen."
me "eggs dont ripen, tomatoes do. please throw those eggs in the trash before you eat them and get sick or die"
neighobr "NO WAY they aren't even over rippened yet!!"

me "sigh" walks away....

neighbor "no they are in the garage, i read that they take a min of 21 days to ripen."
me "eggs dont ripen, tomatoes do. please throw those eggs in the trash before you eat them and get sick or die"

me "sigh" walks away....

:rolleyes: :/

me "sigh" walks away....
Sounds like someone just got scratched off the "egg list"

When i was building my coop, ive put pictures of the process on Facebook. The first comment i received from my mother-in-law was: Are you sure? You will attract all sorts of things!!! Have you thinked about your childrens???!!!

Of course, my coop is fenced and im confident to call it ''predators-proofed''. Even if there would be somekind of predators, its not like if i would say ''Hey kids look!!! There is a coyote around the coop!!!! CHARGE!!!!

Having predators around is a risk, but seriously...is having chicken is dangerous when you have kids??? Definitely not....

You know what else attracts predators to your yard? Pet food, smelly trash, a vegetable garden... (My aunt had a coyote that would raid her corn patch, no kidding.) Simply having a yard in the first place....

And what kind of predators magically become more threatening to children when there's chickens around? lol

When i was building my coop, ive put pictures of the process on Facebook. The first comment i received from my mother-in-law was: Are you sure? You will attract all sorts of things!!! Have you thinked about your childrens???!!! Of course, my coop is fenced and im confident to call it ''predators-proofed''. Even if there would be somekind of predators, its not like if i would say ''Hey kids look!!! There is a coyote around the coop!!!! CHARGE!!!! Having predators around is a risk, but seriously...is having chicken is dangerous when you have kids??? Definitely not....

I guess the human race is extinct correct???? because once people started farming and herding animals they where wiped off the earth by predators like a Tyrannosaurus Rex correct???? Some people act so stupid that they need to be put into a funny farm (sorry what I really wanted to say would get me banned).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom