Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning on a local morning show a restaurant cook came in to show howto make a special gluten free pancake. And the first thing he said was we use "cholesterol free eggs"

"You know when you eat your chicken's eggs , your eating their children right?!"

I don't tell people I own chickens to avoid stupid questions like these.
Hmmmm that's crazy! I guess we gotta go back to basic science again n explain thats not the case. Lmao

I have been in those shoes from childhood up. My family didn't take in animals because of the very thing. As you said don't judge. It's not as black and white as you think!

That was very kind of you to say. Best not to judge. THe chicken breasts might be cheaper than specialty food if the dog has allergies. I just got back from the store with hairball food for my long-haired cat. It was 21.99/7 lbs=$3.14/lb whereas Boneless/skinless chicken breasts are usually $2.79/lb and often on sale for $1.99/lb.

From a recent pro-vegan letter to the editor:
"Taking their eggs throughout their lives is no different from slavery...Chickens, like all sentient, intelligent beings, have a natural order and way of life that we can’t fully understand. When in the wild, they follow complex social behaviors, establish sentries to watch over the flock, and they usually peck and eat their unfertilized eggs to absorb the calcium and other nutrients lost during egg-laying."http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013301260040

I can envision it now. The girls in their complex social huddle in the morning: Splash says "Henrietta, you take first watch, Eva takes second and I'll take third, but leave me one of my unfertilized eggs to snack upon please. I get really hungry standing third watch..."

Another thing pet food can't be bought with assistance money, raw food can- apparently they think the same as some 'others', if you can't afford to feed yourself get rid of your animal- no matter that 80-90%ish of animals (pure or not, young or not, trained or not) end up dead at a shelter... (in Duval county even if you turn it in to a no-kill shelter as they ted to swap around easy adopters (young, trained, pure- into the no-kill from ASPCA) for troubled animals (biters, cage/food/toy aggressive, medical issues out of the no-kill to ASPCA) and call breed rescues when they can.

The only 'pet food' you can buy is real produce no matter if you weed feed the worst cheapest pet food otherwise.
you can buy dog food with assistance money you get money in cash and on a card. the card money you cant buy dog food with the cash money you can buy anything with including dog food, cat food, bird food, chicken feed, etc.

I just wanted to say i do not live in the usa, but the uk. I have been in the poverty trap, lukily i now run my own business. I had my dog when i had a job, then lost my job and my home along with it, ending up on the breadline. If i had given my dog up (who is a well loved family pet) due to her age and size the RSPCA would have put her to sleep. Dont judge people until you have been in their shoes, life isnt so black and white there take it from one who knows.
Well said, and I applaud you for escaping the poverty trap, as you so accurately named it.

I just wanted to sat thank you to all who responded to my post. It is very hard for those in the poverty trap, and even harder to get out. Not all poor people are drop out and dead beats as we are led to believe, and most would give their all to get out of the situation. Society today has taught us to turn our back and to scorn the 'scroungers'. I was lucky that a friend helped me to set upy business as it was a sound idesa, no bank or loan firm would touch me due to where i lived and the situation i was in. I would ask all of those who shrug their sholders and distain these people, how easy would it be for you to end up there if you lost your job or husband or home. It doesnt take a lot to drop you into the poverty trap, but takes forever to get out. Thank you for yourtime and consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom