Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was pregnant with my little girl, an unnamed relative told me that I had to get rid of all of my chickens because otherwise there would be poo in the yard. Really? We are surrounded by woods- what about the squirrels, raccoons, possums, coyotes, wild birds, deer.... Well you get the picture. This person got pretty mad that I didn't agree and do what she said, too! Funny thing is, she now has chickens and loves them. We ended up sharing some of our hens that I didn't want to use for breeding with her because she loved our fresh eggs! LOL!

ETA I would like to add that my now healthy 4-year old little girl enjoys the chickens as much as I do and has not gotten sick because of them pooing in the grass yet! :)

Last edited:
I just wanted to say i do not live in the usa, but the uk. I have been in the poverty trap, lukily i now run my own business. I had my dog when i had a job, then lost my job and my home along with it, ending up on the breadline. If i had given my dog up (who is a well loved family pet) due to her age and size the RSPCA would have put her to sleep. Dont judge people until you have been in their shoes, life isnt so black and white there take it from one who knows.
Sry to hear about that and sometimes when we lose all too much our pets are the ones who keep us sane. Most people going thru hard times don't prioritize thier pet food before thier own survival thankfully. :)

Another thing pet food can't be bought with assistance money, raw food can- apparently they think the same as some 'others', if you can't afford to feed yourself get rid of your animal- no matter that 80-90%ish of animals (pure or not, young or not, trained or not) end up dead at a shelter... (in Duval county even if you turn it in to a no-kill shelter as they ted to swap around easy adopters (young, trained, pure- into the no-kill from ASPCA) for troubled animals (biters, cage/food/toy aggressive, medical issues out of the no-kill to ASPCA) and call breed rescues when they can.

The only 'pet food' you can buy is real produce no matter if you weed feed the worst cheapest pet food otherwise.

One day my mom was working at the town hall, and was talking about our chickens to somebody, when an eavesdropper heard her and freaked out, saying "you can't have chickens here!" (we live somewhat on the outskirts of a really small town) The eavesdropper then rushed to the town law book, and lo and behold... you can have chickens here... and all other livestock.
gig.gif

OK first to let you all know I have silkies, so this might explain this reaction... Person: THAT NOT REALLY A CHICKEN IS IT??? ME :YES ITS A CHICKEN, Person : NO ITS NOT A CHICKEN!!

person; its a excotic bird of some type NOT A CHICKEN. ME: SIGH>>>> ITS A CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!

Da
OK first to let you all know I have silkies, so this might explain this reaction...   Person: THAT NOT REALLY A CHICKEN IS IT???  ME :YES ITS A CHICKEN,  Person : NO ITS NOT A CHICKEN!! 

person; its a excotic bird of some type NOT A CHICKEN.     ME: SIGH>>>> ITS A CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!
dang, did she want a DNA test? Lol

I just wanted to say i do not live in the usa, but the uk. I have been in the poverty trap, lukily i now run my own business. I had my dog when i had a job, then lost my job and my home along with it, ending up on the breadline. If i had given my dog up (who is a well loved family pet) due to her age and size the RSPCA would have put her to sleep. Dont judge people until you have been in their shoes, life isnt so black and white there take it from one who knows.
I have been in those shoes from childhood up. My family didn't take in animals because of the very thing. As you said don't judge. It's not as black and white as you think!

"You know when you eat your chicken's eggs , your eating their children right?!"

I don't tell people I own chickens to avoid stupid questions like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom