Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my chickens laid a soft shelled egg. I picked it up, and took it, along with the regular eggs, to show my "partner in chickenry". I held out the soft egg, flat on my palm. He looked at it, and said, "That one has just been laid! It's still soft!" I have to admit, I had a very hard time not laughing my tail off.... I just explained that the chicken got in a hurry, and the egg didn't finish.

I told someone once that a reservation never got confirmed because the computer "hiccuped". He bought it.

Simple minds require simple explanations.

Quote:
It may have to do with her son never finished college, the Jr. college he went to had a "trade school" part of it he dropped out of the "regular" associates degree side of it, and then went to the trade school side to be a mechanic and he dropped out of that because his girlfriend dumped him. Why one had to do with the other it escapes me...

It may have to do with her son never finished college, the Jr. college he went to had a "trade school" part of it he dropped out of the "regular" associates degree side of it, and then went to the trade school side to be a mechanic and he dropped out of that because his girlfriend dumped him. Why one had to do with the other it escapes me...

Lol I am so confused by this whole thing but I understand your frustration with people not being supportive of you going to college...my family isn't always supportive of me going but I think its because I am the first in our family to go so I think they are worried I will get disappointed or maybe it makes them feel threatened . I dunno but its annoying.

Lol I am so confused by this whole thing but I understand your frustration with people not being supportive of you going to college...my family isn't always supportive of me going but I think its because I am the first in our family to go so I think they are worried I will get disappointed or maybe it makes them feel threatened . I dunno but its annoying.
Exciting that you are going to be the first in your family! My kids are in the first generation of our family to finish college. We are so proud of all of them! If your family is not encouraging just remember that the next generation will thank you. You are a history maker in your family!

Just a random idea: the quotes from this thread could be compiled into a hilarious Q&A book that could be used at preschools etc to teach children the basics. A lot of adults would also clearly benefit from it. I'm not sure illustrating it would be wise though.
lau.gif

I can't figure out where they got their previous misinformation. It's almost like there's been a deliberate propaganda campaign to feed the public some alien nonfactoids about poultry. I mean, if they were just ignorant of the answer, they'd say different things, but they have incorrect information already in place; where, oh WHERE, did that get that?!

@chickety-chick: did he think they are the same as turtle or reptile eggs? Maybe he's seen docos where they lump a few species together in one voice-over sentence describing their similarities, and got the wrong idea.... Bizarre, lol.

Not sure what he was thinking. :) Maybe he just saw that egg, and assumed that was how it worked. Generally the chickens lay big, beautiful eggs, so this was unusual. When I first touched it, it shocked me a little. I was glad I had done so much reading here, so I knew what it was.

i had a guy want to buy a chicken hen to put under his tom turkey to make turkens. i even pointed out a pen of turkens to him and he still swore you could make them that way. after 5 or 6 hens he gave up.

last summer i had a woman look at my Cornish rock crosses. she asked if i was worried about getting sick from eating my own birds. according to her if where you process them isn't USDA inspected, you WILL get sick.

i advertise hatching for people, i don't know how many people have called wanting me to hatch their eggs, and they didn't own a rooster.

on our old car we had a "no farms no food" sticker. a young boy 6-7 years old walked up to me and said "if we didn't have farms we would still have food". i asked him what kind of food we would have, he replied "we would still have eggs"

Last edited:
Here lately I have been bombarded with this question at every cookout we've had:

Can I have a couple of your chickens?

Ummm, NO! They aren't party favors...

My brother inlaw and his wife were visiting. I was packing up a fresh dozen eggs and asked if they wanted them. They said Nooo. They couldnt eat brown eggs that came from chickens in my backyard. We had some store bought white eggs that had been in the fridge for a couple of weeks. So I asked if they wanted some month old store eggs. "Yeah sure we will. eat those". Go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom