Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't deny anybody anything. It is just that I have seen people who are trying to cut calories get the double cheese, large fries, and a diet soda. The amount of calories they save by choosing a diet soda, compared to the high fat choices I just mentioned, is miniscule. It makes no sense to me, but if it makes them happy, good for them. Personally, I won't drink diet sodas simply because I hate the taste. Given a choice between ice water and diet soda, I choose ice water. In fact, if it is a choice between diet soda and nothing, I choose nothing. I really can't stand them.

Where I'm from if want to order a soda, you say "I'd like a small coke", the waitress will then ask, "Which kind"...then you answer "Dr. Pepper" or Sprite, or Coca Cola....lol, so I get the whole "pickles" thing.

When we went to Switzerland and Germany, our first stop at a restaurant we ordered "soda water" because we knew they couldn't speak English and knew they wouldn't know what "pop" was which is what we called it. Well we literally got soda water.
sickbyc.gif

Then we realized they call it by the real name. "Coke" or "Pepsi". Duh! We don't drink it anymore because it's so bad for you plus my husband and I lost weight by quitting.

Quote:
at least you didn't ask for coke and get a white powder! lol and Cassie I understand but as I said there are exceptions to any rule, so sorry if I offended, but you are correct why order a large sandwich meal deal and get the large fries and order a large diet? What burns me is some of the fast food places you can't get a small or medium fries with the combo and a large drink unless you buy them alacart
somad.gif
, It makes me mad because usually I go to those places enroute to somewhere or I am running real late to get home to fix a meal and usually if I am running late, I am going without stopping for a drink (usually water but I do an occasional soda and LOVE
love.gif
ice tea)

I am going without stopping for a drink (usually water but I do an occasional soda and LOVE
love.gif
ice tea)
Me too!!!! I used to just order water, but DH got mad that I was paying for a drink and getting water, not sure what the difference is if I am the one drinking it
hu.gif
Now I just order un-sweet ice tea! Thank goodness most places around here offer fresh brew, nothing worse that "fountain" ice tea! Well there are things worse
lau.gif
i just can't stand it, taste way to thick and not refreshing!!!

I wouldn't deny anybody anything.  It is just that I have seen people who are trying to cut calories get the double cheese, large fries, and a diet soda. The amount of calories they save by choosing a diet soda, compared to the high fat choices I just mentioned, is miniscule. It makes no sense to me, but if it makes them happy, good for them. Personally, I won't drink diet sodas simply because I hate the taste.  Given a choice between ice water and diet soda, I choose ice water. In fact, if it is a choice between diet soda and nothing, I choose nothing.  I really can't stand them.

You guys have to realize that everyone doesn't need to diet. I order LARGE everything and a diet soda because I am a Type One Diabetic. I am not overweight at all. I am 6'5" and weigh 215 with a 34" waist. I avoid sugar, but Mc Donald's is great and is not bad if you don't overdue it. I've seen vegetarians overweight. I hate when out of shape people try to tell me what is good for me(not calling anyone here fat).
:lol: :D :p

Last edited:
You guys have to realize that everyone doesn't need to diet. I order LARGE everything and a diet soda because I am a Type One Diabetic. I am not overweight at all. I am 6'5" and weigh 215 with a 34" waist. I avoid sugar, but Mc Donald's is great and is not bad if you don't overdue it. I've seen vegetarians overweight. I hate when out of shape people try to tell me what is good for me(not calling anyone here fat).
lol.png
big_smile.png
tongue.png
I am not diabetic, but I get diet for the same reason. It's not so much the calories, but the sugar content that I am avoiding.

Quote:
well I see his side of it and yours, if your paying an outrages price like most places charge you might as well drink a tea or soda, because you are charged like if it where one, and not either free or a small amount (25 cents) for water. I would happily pay something like a quarter for water at a resteraunt provided they had it in a glass that they had to wash. (they are taking a risk I might steal it (but I won't) or possibly break it, and it needs to be washed). if it is a disposable cup then by God it better be free, because I heard these bug chains in my area the cost of a 20 ounce soda costs (labor and materials) something like a quarter, if I ask for water, it better darn well be free, because they aren't paying for syrup or co2 for the fountain machine and there is no wear and tear (other than perhaps from the ice dispencer).

My MotherInLaw feels the same about fresh eggs! "Eww I cant eat those, they are gross!" Cause they come out of the chicken's butt...We have had many discussions that always go the same.... very similar to the first post. I tried to tell her they are better, fresher, etc. We have been banned from taking anything that could contain eggs to her house when we go over for dinner. She loooved my deviled eggs, but wont let me make them anymore. Not sure what is wrong with that woman!

Does she eat store eggs? Ask her where she thinks store eggs come from. Then tell us. Enquiring minds want to know. At least I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom