Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I knew what you meant. LOL

I've stopped filling the bird seed so the grass (and mint) will grow again. They have stopped coming into my unfenced front yard and dustbathing in my driveway since I stopped filling the birdseed. I wonder if I can resume filling it now for the cardinals and finches.

CG

To Brahma Lover...Thanks for the insight...That's the major drawback to modern technology and especially the open forums....No way to vet the veracity of many statements made about non-public knowledge......The fools and frozen mindsets I can deal with but the outright liars and propagandists get my blood boiling....Sorry for the screed..Thanks for the comment and LUCK ALWAYS...

The wild birds (mostly cardinals) throw seed out of the feeders and my chickens go under the feeders when they go free ranging.

CG
Will the wild birds feed while the chickens are there pecking around or are they afraid of the chickens?

Last edited:
So t
now I'm starting to wonder if I'm being a bad influence
lau.gif
. but I know I had you really thinking about it. I'm not saying that you shouldn't pursue a field in some sort of technology. there are so many problems that need fixing, and we do need people doing the research. but, I truly think proper farming will do more to fix the economic status than technology will. if you offer to let a kid garden, a lot of them will. the ones who garden as kids will normally stop as teenagers, but start again later in life. they will remember a lot of what they learned as a kid. the ones who didn't garden as kids give up with failure a lot faster, they think they don't have the "green thumb". [/quote Very true. I had a garden growing up as a kid and once I moved out I started container gardening and now since my husband and I gave. House with 3 acres we have a huge garden, the chickens, some gaits and gave started canning. All stuff we learned from our parents and grandparents when we were younger! Niki

I had a coworker ask me how one chicken could have so many different color eggs. I told her you just add different color food coloring to their water! Haha! She said wow! I didn't know that. To this day I have not told her any different. :/
My coworker jokingly accused me of plotting to put food dye in my chickens food to get my blue and green eggs I'm hoping for with me EEs ;)

The wild birds (mostly cardinals) throw seed out of the feeders and my chickens go under the feeders when they go free ranging.

CG

Will the wild birds feed while the chickens are there pecking around or are they afraid of the chickens?

They fly right down and steal my chickens food while they are eating if I don't stay there. If I don't move they figure I'm gone and fly in as well.

I have a fella who buys eggs from me that insists I need another rooster. I have 14 hens & sell him about 5 dozen a week, but he says if there were more males I'd get more eggs... He's an old timer orifinally from WVA, so I figured he'd know better, but he's serious!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom