Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom didn't want to get chickens because she thought you need a
yippiechickie.gif
rooster to get the eggs. I had the "Chicken talk"
ep.gif
with my mom and she said okay I guess we can get chickens but only hens!
th.gif
Now we have 4 roosters and 16 Hens....
he.gif
She wants to get a sumatra rooster... bantam. Who knew, right?!
lau.gif

H
My mom didn't want to get chickens because she thought you need a :yiipchick rooster to get the eggs. I had the "Chicken talk" :eek: with my mom and she said okay I guess we can get chickens but only hens! :th Now we have 4 roosters and 16 Hens....:he She wants to get a sumatra rooster... bantam. Who knew, right?! :lau

Haha! We are used to having too many roosters and Mom loves them! She won't let me sell my little Black Frizzle rooster because he's "so fuzz, oh my gosh!"

Now I have about ten roosters and I'm slowly sneaking them out of the flock, haha!

Neighbor about my Americauna hen's eggs: You can eat green eggs? Are you certain?

Me: These are chicken eggs just like any chicken egg, only they taste much better than commercial eggs.

Neighbor: Chickens don't lay green eggs.

Me: But you just saw me take the eggs out of the nest box. There is one green one.

Neighbor: Chickens lay tan or white eggs. And, besides that, that big egg could not have come out of the chicken you pointed out. She isn't big enough.

Me: Here, take this green egg and have it for breakfast tomorrow.

Neighbor: OMG, noooooo thanks. It could be poison.

Me: The boys next door eat them all the time. In fact, they want to be sure to have green eggs for March 2nd.

Neighbor: What?

Me: Dr Seuss birthday.

Neighbor: You know when his birthday is? And you dyed the eggs, right?

Me (see me giving up?): Sure, Then I put the eggs back in the nest box to see what the chickens would say.

Neighbor: You're nuts.

Me: Yes, I know.

Neighbor about my Americauna hen's eggs: You can eat green eggs? Are you certain?

Me: These are chicken eggs just like any chicken egg, only they taste much better than commercial eggs.

Neighbor: Chickens don't lay green eggs.

Me: But you just saw me take the eggs out of the nest box. There is one green one.

Neighbor: Chickens lay tan or white eggs. And, besides that, that big egg could not have come out of the chicken you pointed out. She isn't big enough.

Me: Here, take this green egg and have it for breakfast tomorrow.

Neighbor: OMG, noooooo thanks. It could be poison.

Me: The boys next door eat them all the time. In fact, they want to be sure to have green eggs for March 2nd.

Neighbor: What?

Me: Dr Seuss birthday.

Neighbor: You know when his birthday is? And you dyed the eggs, right?

Me (see me giving up?): Sure, Then I put the eggs back in the nest box to see what the chickens would say.

Neighbor: You're nuts.

Me: Yes, I know.

Lol!
yuckyuck.gif

Yeah she loves the bantams! She wants so many of them seramas... Our roosters are sooooo loveable! Even our only big guy, he hugs you :)

I asked her what eggs she would want to hatch this year if we can borrow an incubator. She looked down, smiled and looked back.

"I just love the fuzzy ones," she gushed. And now I'm screwed, haha! I just have to find someone with a hem that is known to produce lots of pullets. And then borrow an incubator...or build one. Ugh, I'm gonna be so busy this year, haha!

~~ I just have to find someone with a hem that is known to produce lots of pullets. And then borrow an incubator...or build one. Ugh, I'm gonna be so busy this year, haha! Sometimes, the most innocent typos are highly amusing.

~~ I just have to find someone with a hem that is known to produce lots of pullets. And then borrow an incubator...or build one. Ugh, I'm gonna be so busy this year, haha! Sometimes, the most innocent typos are highly amusing.

Perhaps we need to look at the chicken gene pool and find the one hen (ahem) in a million?

OTOH, if the rooster's genes determine the sex of the offspring, we need to find that rooster who only produces pullets! He's worth a fortune.

Laughing all the way to the hen house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom