Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read anything of the like anywhere. Everything I've read says it isn't true at all. I have read studies saying that free range eggs have less cholesterol and generally more healthy for you.

It's false advertisement IMO.

If you have any links of studies I would love to have a look!

I can't help you. I read that several years ago and the cited study has no doubt been debunked since. Maybe more than once. All I can tell you is that I read about the blue eggs being lower in cholesterol in the newspaper and in a food column or two and I remembered it because I thought it was interesting. I mentioned it here just to point out that the ee seller in question didn't just make that up. He/she read it probably the same place I did. You might try googling blue eggs and cholesterol and see what, if anything, you come up with.

Yes. And it takes a person who has seriously done their research as a non-chicken owner to know that what goes in is what comes out. Seems easy enough to "get" though doesn't it?

I love this thread! Half of my chemistry class was gone the other day and a Karen refugee from Thailand (who always has a million questions) started asking me about chickens. So the five of us took a little walk to my house to see my chickens. It was fascinating to learn all the misconceptions my 17-18 year old students had. They are now well educated. Lol

Sadly....in my experience.....hens..and roosters...on a fermented feed diet....so NOT produce more pullets. So far, 2 hatches from last spring...4 pullets....and 7 cockerels in freezer camp. I have been feeding them ff since Oct 2012.
sad.png

That's too bad, Moxies. I'd really like to see a long term study over time regarding it (I'd look for it, but my kindle isn't the easiest thing to navigate multiple sites with).

As for dumb things, I think I mentioned that my boss's wife was horrified by my EE's blue egg, she was also completely squicked out by the notion of eating a goose or duck egg. She's a nurse, yet routinely buys into the latest health food fad. Can't wait until goose or duck eggs get onto the bandwagon, I'd love to see how she reacts. ;)

Quote: About mulitple studies I heard after the study on red wine came out several years ago being good for your heart was backed by the wine industry and the red grape industry (juice/table (eating) grape industry) had a similar study done, and found that 100% red grape juice not from concentrate had the same effects as red wine.

About mulitple studies I heard after the study on red wine came out several years ago being good for your heart was backed by the wine industry and the red grape industry (juice/table (eating) grape industry) had a similar study done, and found that 100% red grape juice not from concentrate had the same effects as red wine.

Wasn't the wine study then refuted by another study last year (or the year before, my chronology isn't as hot as it used to be)?
Seems "science" is rather fluid depending on who is making it, huh?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom