Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get this all the time. people ask how many roosters do you have i say none. ok then they ask how many hens do you have i say 15. they pause for a little while and i can tell what they are about to ask and here it goes. well if you dont have a rooster were do the eggs come from, and i say with a grin trying not to laught THE CHICKENS BUTT..

Oh jeez... poor peacock!! Fortunately I've yet to meet a member of the peafowl clan who would stand and allow this sort of thing!!
Please, do not pull out your birds' feathers. This causes shock and in extreme cases can kill the bird. I accidentally pulled out all of my parakeet's tailfeathers trying to catch him as a kid and he really, really suffered for it.
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
poor parakeet! i'm sure the owner of the property kept a good eye on that guest and her peakcock, she expects the feather to fall off any day now, just shocking how some people think...

I have a little folder of pictures on my phone that shows the different conditions between industrial egg production and small farm egg production. It can cause seriously catatonic states in some folks...
I work in a supermarket and the state egg board guy comes in to do his annual inspection at our store I ask him what the state laws are in regard to selling home grown eggs and he tells me you can't sell them outside the property the property where the hens are without going through several layers of regulation. So I ask him well you mean if some guy puts a sign in his yard and they are in his back yard he has 0 regulation. he says yes. Furthermore he tells me if I have seen how some of those conditions they are raised in in the yards and how people don't refrigerate them at all or soon enough you'd never eat another egg in your life. It was all I could to to hold my tongue and not laugh my head off at him......

:frow  :welcome    poor parakeet!  i'm sure the owner of the property kept a good eye on that guest and her peakcock, she expects the feather to fall off any day now,   just shocking how some people think...

The parakeet did eventually grow the tail feathers back but I could tell he was shocked when it happened.
Pulling feathers from a peacock is NOT something I personally would run right out and try-- I had one for a little while and they are more scary up close and personal than one would think.

LOL i would have told him he was nuts.. as if 20 hens in a 2x2 foot cage stacked on top of each other with their beeks cut off is better. some people have no clue. and if you want to see video of what i am talking about, you would never eat a store bought egg again

This one's rather funny. Did you tell her the duck was only sick of people staring at it? Most birds at shows, fairs and so on WILL be stressed out, just part of the game.

Try telling that to the girl that had 2 chickens die at the fair. Because she didn't give them food or water for 3 hours! It was 110* and humid with no wind! I had to give them food and water so no more would die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom