Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
So......I put the gate up. Now she now says that because she is 'disabled' she can force the owner of said property to comply in installing an automatic gate so that she can have access. This is PRIVATE property. Is she insane??????

lol what a nut. You should totally give her a blank look the next time she talks about handicap access at the gate and ask her "But then where would I put my shooting range?"

I don't get that. Hamburger is just ground beef - usually chuck (shoulder) or round (rump). It's actual muscle, not miscellaneous stuff. Perhaps she was thinking hot dogs? Best burgers I ever had were 75% lean ground chuck and 25% ground brisket.

I was a kid. I didn't know that meat came from the muscle and that hamburger is the same meat. And hamburger is miscellaneous odds and ends that don't quite fit into any other category. The end pieces of roasts the parts that can't be used for a steak. Or at least that is what I learned when I was younger. Now I buy a roast and have it ground.

We were showing off our mixed flock of Barred Plymouth Rocks, Rhode Island Reds, and Red and Black Sexlinks, and our friend asked, "Why don't you have any normal colored chickens?"

I had no idea what she meant by "normal" colors of chickens... She was apparently expecting white chickens, which I'd only ever seen in movies and on TV. To me, normal is a Rhode Island red! lol

Me: ...and look at these eggs! (reffering to the lovely green eggs from our show quality ameraucana)
Person 2: Wow. Well, can you eat them?

Person 1: Aren't brown eggs healthier?
Me: *facepalm*

I am a spectator in this one:
Neighbor speaking to my mom: Your rooster is on the deck. (reffering to our best laying hen [see my avatar])

Most of our chickens prefer siting on our fist as to being held. One day, my mom's friend was over. She is extremely frightened of roosters. At that point we had a young pullet, who looked and acted like a roo. I was holding her inside, when she decided she had had enough of being held. She has mastered a manouver where she somehow managed to go from being held to sitting on my fist by flapping (don't ask me how she gets her wings free). My mom's friend was sitting accross the room. When the chicken (named Skittles for her wierd looks and attitude, this also happens to be the hen that is my avatar) flapped up to my fist, my mom's friend shrieked, and covered her face. When she got up the courage to look, Skittles was calmly sitting on my hand, with me stroking her. This same person refused to eat any of the eggs we gave her, instead, she fed them to her kids, who noticed immediately that they tasted way better than those you buy from the store.

This one isn't stupid, just kinda funny:
Me: We have chickens that lay tiny white eggs (bantam), brown eggs, cream coloured eggs, and one that lays green eggs!
My friend: Haha you should have green eggs and ham!!

I have been trying to get my parents to understand why on earth I have chickens, they talk to me like I am a little insane when I talk to them about it. My fathers favorite book is Green eggs and ham so for fathers day I got this green wooden basket and I put a dozen green eggs and a ham in it with the book. He loved the gift but they really liked the eggs.

We were showing off our mixed flock of Barred Plymouth Rocks, Rhode Island Reds, and Red and Black Sexlinks, and our friend asked, "Why don't you have any normal colored chickens?"

I had no idea what she meant by "normal" colors of chickens... She was apparently expecting white chickens, which I'd only ever seen in movies and on TV. To me, normal is a Rhode Island red! lol

Normal color is a shadow like in the pictures on ads of an outline of a Rooster that the sun is on the other side of at sun rise as he is crowing at the break of dawn I guess.

OMG, I was telling a lady at work the other day that I'll be getting chickens this summer and plan to have lots and lots of eggs. I told her I'd bring some in for her so that she can taste how much better they are.

Know what she said?

Her: "Oh my GAWD, eeeeeewwwwww, I could never eat those eggs!"

Me: "Ummmm, why not?

Her: "Well, BECAUSE, they came out of a chicken's butt!"

Me: "Ummmmm. Huh? You eat eggs from the store, right?"

Her: "Well, yeah, of COURSE, but that's different!"

Me: "How is that different? Those eggs also came out of a chicken."

Her: "But those are all sanitary and come in a box."

Me: "I'll wash my eggs and box them for you too."

Her: "Blech, no way. I could never eat eggs from your chickens. That's just gross."

Me: "***?"

[Erica walks away shaking head]

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!

LOL, this is just too much. No wonder I want to quit my job and become a pioneer woman and never have to leave the house...
ummm can you say - doesnt deserve your precious eggs (not to be rude of course)
smack.gif

So......I put the gate up. Now she now says that because she is 'disabled' she can force the owner of said property to comply in installing an automatic gate so that she can have access. This is PRIVATE property. Is she insane??????
Just wondering, are you the owner or a tenant or someone random? Just wondering why you used the third person!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom