Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you also supposed to out a ramp at your front door so she can get in and out?
With people like that the best option is to smile and wave from far away, and NEVER walk towards them, always away.

Kinda sounds like yes
lau.gif

Put up a "No Trespassing" sign on the gate post. Here in GA we have to have one posted before they consider it trespassing. I put one up at my driveway entrance because of my neighbors who were letting their donkey and goats forage in my yard. So, just to cover your bets, put up a sign. Then, next time she threatens to sue, you can respond that no judge in the country will force you to provide handicap access for trespassers.

I, too, have relocated to a small rural town. I've found that many of the locals have a sense of entitlement when it comes to "their" land. A friend lives on the river and locals have pulled up at 6-7am, parked in the driveway in front of the house (one even rang the doorbell to announce his presence), and went down to the river to fish. When my friend confronted them about fishing, their response was, "But, I've been fishing here since I was a little boy!" Recently, some men actually were using shovels to clear an area on private property for fishing. The land owners called the EPA on them. Just amazing.

She's not nuts, just bossy and stupid; an unfortunate combination. I hope she's not married.

Last edited:
Hey, In the Wild, try a 2 mile round trip to our mail box.
smile.png
I think it's 40 round trip to the post office. I've been living this way for (almost) my whole life, and I love it!

Nobody comes down our driveway, after they realize it's in the middle of a pasture, or get to the second cattle guard, they give up. Install a couple of cattle guards and plant some trees around your house so that it becomes "invisible"; no one will come down there, not even the Fed Ex guy (UPS knows better, but not the Fed Ex guy!)
big_smile.png

next time she threatens to sue, you can respond that no judge in the country will force you to provide handicap access for trespassers.

They probably would in the UK. It's ridiculous. You know, you can't even defend yourself against theives in your own home anymore. You know the bit in Liar Liar where whatshername tells Fletcher of the thief who fell and cut himself on a knife in the lady's house that he was robbing, and sued her? That's everyday life over here. It's scarey. You can probably see why my biggest fear is humans, not foxes. Foxes are pink pansies by comparison!

So......I put the gate up. Now she now says that because she is 'disabled' she can force the owner of said property to comply in installing an automatic gate so that she can have access. This is PRIVATE property. Is she insane??????

If it is your property, why should you have to let her in? Some people are so rude and annoying. However, this woman just sounds crazy.

They probably would in the UK. It's ridiculous. You know, you can't even defend yourself against theives in your own home anymore. You know the bit in Liar Liar where whatshername tells Fletcher of the thief who fell and cut himself on a knife in the lady's house that he was robbing, and sued her? That's everyday life over here. It's scarey. You can probably see why my biggest fear is humans, not foxes. Foxes are pink pansies by comparison!

That is why I live in a city like Denver and shoot to kill, then send the cleaning bill to the family if you are feeling especially annoyed.

I work with Special Education laws which are legislated by the IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) which falls under the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act). Public property is one thing, private is another. When you accept state or federal tax dollars you must comply. Until you do, she can stand at your gate and turn blue. What next, handicapped parking in every driveway in America? I think not. Do you remember when they said all golf courses were going to have to be handicapped accessible? Tempest in a teapot ... it was unreasonable and blew over.

Believe me, you have nothing to worry about. Put up your sign and forget about her.

So......I put the gate up. Now she now says that because she is 'disabled' she can force the owner of said property to comply in installing an automatic gate so that she can have access. This is PRIVATE property. Is she insane??????

tell her you'll see her in court, make sure to tell her to file in small claims court and make sure to tell her she would probably win if she ended up on Peoples Court or Judge Judy, that way when it comes up to air we can all tune in and watch her lose and get told she's dumber than mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom