Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a chick who wasn't adopted by my Light Brahma (a rare occurrance), so she lived in the house until she was old/big enough to, well, not squeeze under the carport gate, hop up the steps to the door and stand there peeping until we let her in. "Buffy" (a dark brown barred mutt) liked sitting on our shoulders, peeping quietly in our ears and following us around the house and yard. For the longest time, she thought she was a person. (Now that she's outside full time, Buffy decided she is a chicken and doesn't want anything to do with us, but our Brahma likes her now that she's bigger and closer in size to "her" Golden Sex Link chick.)

One day, I was running late and she didn't want to go back in the brooder, so she went in the car with us to drop off my son at preschool. Rather than let her poop in the car, I brought her into the class room with me. One of the dads pointed Buffy out to his daughter and said, "Look! That lady has an ostrich!"

Seriously? An ostrich? Has this person never been to the zoo?
th.gif

A friend of mine took her emu babies to the feed store and someone told her she had lovely ducklings.

Lots of people are saying that now, I mean, backyard eggs or farm-raised chicken eggs are SO much better than the eggs that come from abused hens who live in poop infested cages! Those eggs are just washed and stuck in a carton, and ours come from happy healthy chickens!

I looked at this video on Youtube and it just shocked me, I'm NEVER eating store bought eggs again! All eggs come from chicken butts, unless some people would like to eat plastic Easter eggs for breakfast!
Show THAT to your friend and see what she thinks!

-Ellochicken

P.S.
Sorry if I seem tempered, I just don't like people like that, I bet that any one of us would pull an egg from the vent if we had too! And they wont even eat the beautiful, mouthwatering eggs?! That's CRAZY!
somad.gif
i watched twenty seconds of that video then started tearing up.. Then at 25 seconds i quit watching it :((

i watched twenty seconds of that video then started tearing up.. Then at 25 seconds i quit watching it :((

That video shows the reason with i got my hens. i dont want to be part of the problem and I want to know how my chickens are treated. .I try to provide for their needs so they have a happy life.
healthy eggs from happy hens. The bonus was I fell in love with them.

That video shows the reason with i got my hens. i dont want to be part of the problem and I want to know how my chickens are treated. .I try to provide for their needs so they have a happy life.
healthy eggs from happy hens. The bonus was I fell in love with them.
highfive.gif
love.gif
how can one not love those lil fuzzy bums...! i can't even watch 1 second of those videos,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom