Dumor 20% Chick Starter Grower And Leg Issues

Also, if you haven't been checking the mill date on each bag before purchase, you might have gotten old feed. Here we store the feed in it's original bag in metal garbage cans, so if there would be an issue, the mill date and codes are right there.
Definitely call the manufacturer!!! And vitamin E is another possible deficiency here, all the above posters have good ideas.
So sorry your birds are having these problems!!!
Mary

I would also question mycotoxins and/or contamination.
In the feed you mean? Any of those things would have to have happened before it came here, as I always keep the feed clean and dry.
The b complex is definitely helping, just not as fast as I would like it to. I know it takes time though.

Also, if you haven't been checking the mill date on each bag before purchase, you might have gotten old feed. Here we store the feed in it's original bag in metal garbage cans, so if there would be an issue, the mill date and codes are right there.
Definitely call the manufacturer!!! And vitamin E is another possible deficiency here, all the above posters have good ideas.
So sorry your birds are having these problems!!!
Mary
I do always check the mill date, but my friend that was caring for everything may not have when she bought feed.
I was breaking open vitamin e capsules and giving the really bad ones those too. Along with some Nutridrench water.

Thanks for the reply!

@MGG Glad your birds are improving! :)

Just an FIY for anyone following along about feed dates.
I printed this to take with me to the feed store after several employees attempted to tell me feed was good for a YEAR. I don't think so.

This is a copy/paste from Nutrena's site. I would think all brands are similar.

What is the shelf life of your poultry feeds?

When stored properly in dry, moderate temperature conditions, feed can be stored for up to 4 months, although we recommend usage within 60 days in hot, humid summer months and 90 days in cooler months. Always inspect feed prior to use for bugs, mold, or other evidence of damage.

My feed store is bad about rotating feed. They keep stacking it on top. If the stack gets low there is only old feed there. I've seen feed on the shelf that was 7-8 month's old. I will not buy it.

I hope this helps someone.

Back
Top Bottom