Dumor Feed

FYI: Bummed...I heard this morning from my source(s) that TSC will no longer be carrying the Dumor line of poultry feeds by the end of the yr. I am unaware of the fate of the other Dumor livestock feeds. Alternatively I was told they will carry Purina feeds...what formulas I don't know...Dumor is milled by Purina for TSC.

I've been feeding Dumor since I got my first ducks last year and haven't had any problems, and it's what I feed my chickens now. I was sort of bummed to hear TSC was no longer going to carry it, but I just got a flyer from TSC and it appears, at least at my local store, they are going to carry both. I'mm going to try the Layena since they sent me a coupon.​

Myself I buy the lowest priced layer feed about 9.00 for 50 lbs. at my local feed mill its always fresh about 2 to 3 days old. TSC is 12.00 to 13.00 for 50lbs. In the old days my great grandmother sayed they grew corn for chicken feed they fed whole corn with no problems. layer feed is for if you want top production of eggs

I am not upset over the loss of dumor. I prefer purina, however the only place that I can find locally is a nursery and they often sell out so I am forced to buy dumor. Once when I had to buy dumor for an extended period of time some of my chicks developed rickets which really made me mad. I think I will have to look around and see if I can some different brands, hopefully I can find a better one. It seems as though most of the small mom and pop feed stores have been going under the last few years and I do not know of any feed mills so I am a little limited in my choices. Plus it seems as though everyone has a favorite brand of feed so it is a little difficult to know which one is the best.

Our TSC now has Layena for $11.99

but it also appears that they got in a shipment of Dumor as well (Dumor layer is $9.99 so not really a lot cheaper) I thought they were discontinuing it?

They had some Gamecock maintinence and Gamecock Conditioner branded Nutri Source put out on clearance (but no price marked, just a clearance tag). How does Nutri Source tie in with Dumor or Purina?? lol

TSC here is still selling Dumor along with the Purina/Layena and ours just started carrying Blueseal.

We switched from Dumor to Blueseal for awhile.

Also there are coupons for the Purina on TSC's website this week!

1mommahen - where did you find coupons for purina? I will be going shortly for more feed and I don't yet know if my local TSC will be selling both so I'm just going to make the switch..... I wasn't able to find any coupons......?

Quote:
TSC e-mail us a coupon. There are at least 2 threads here on BYC including the link for the coupon and I saw TSC was advertising on here with the $2 coupon as well.

All I ever used was the Dumor, becuase that is the only layer I can find around here. Our TSC did have signs up that they were bringing in Purina and Nuetreana, so I guess we are loosing Dumor. looks like it will be cheaper judging by this thread.

There is an ad/link for the Purina coupon on the left side of the BYC home page.

Back
Top Bottom