dumor or purina?

joe17

Songster
11 Years
Nov 25, 2009
Louisiana
Which feed do you think is the best?
Purina;which I currently feed now. I heard it turns white yellow?
Dumor;never tried it

Which feeds do you use? I dont know which brand do go with!

Thats what I will probably do. I will feed start and gro purina to the chicks and dumor 20% to adults.

I've tried all kind, purina, dumor, Southern States, etc I found the best is to find the closest mill to you and have it milled fresh. Poo is less, smell is less and usually cost is less.

If the only two feed manufacturers left on the planet were purina or dumor? I'd go purina

We did the dumor 20% but ended up switching to the Purina flock raiser which is in crumbles. We mixed the last of the Dumor with the flock raiser, and those food snobs picked out the dumor and flicked it on the floor! They would not eat it, or even let it touch the Purina. It reminded me of picky eater kids.
(It became compost. or earthworm food. either way, it all comes out in the end.)

I use Nutrena Feeds, Nature Wise Layer Feed at 20% protien.

I used the same Chick Starter, and would have used the Grower if I could find it......I buy all from Farm and Home in Springfield, IL around $8 a bag

Quote:
Purina only has 18% protein, which I think it should be a little bit more. I was feeding the adults layer pellets, but once I switched to the 20% their feathers were in much better condition with lots more sheen. And also lots more eggs from the girls. Plus, I dont think their poo stinks more on Dumor than purina.

I have used both Dumor and Purina layer crumbles. I find the chickens don't care either way but Their poo is much much much less smelly on the Purina. So I stayed with the Purina.

Back
Top Bottom