Dumped Geese

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Rosebud 18, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Rosebud 18

Rosebud 18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    middle Tn
    I saw what I thought was a pilgrim gander on the lake at the city park earlier in the week. When I went by there today I decided to check it out and sure enough there were 3 geese. They look like a pair of pilgrims and a toulouse goose. What do you all think they are? I didn't have anything to feed them but they are so friendly. There are a lot of domesticated (sp?) ducks thats been dumped too. I feel so sorry for them. I sure wish I could catch them but I don't want to be arrested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  2. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Definitely dumped - I would ask the town if you could take them, I'm sur ethey'd be more than happy to help

3. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I'd say its a Pilgrim female, a white Chinese and an African.

4. cracking up

cracking up Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    So Cal
    White Chinese would have a bigger bump. Good looking geese.

5. Rosebud 18

Rosebud 18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    middle Tn
    What really ticks me off is I had advertised in our local paper and put ads on bulletin boards in different stores around town for geese that anyone wanted to get rid of. I was willing to pay for them.

6. LLCoyote

LLCoyote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    I also live in Middle TN. In Sweetwater/ Madisonville if they have a medical condition you are allowed to capture and take them to the vet for medical attention. If you pay for their meds and stuff they can be given back to you, since they are indeed domestics. I'd ask your county or town about this. I know how you feel, I looked high and low for blue sweeds this year and couldn't find any. Now there are a ton of them dumped at the park like trash. It makes me sick.

7. gretchenhau

gretchenhau Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Lebanon Ohio
    I'd take them in a heart beat.

Ask your local game warden. I bet you can get them.

8. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    If there is a park attendant or someone in charge of the area, ask them if you can take them. Most places will let you take any domestic fowl that is dumped. But, at some parks, they monitor the animals there and may be upset if you just go and take one without telling them. Most places are more than happy to have someone give them a loving, caring home as many of these animals become problems for the publc.

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I hope you can adopt them. [​IMG]

10. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    i wouldnt bother asking anybody, like a stray kitten, you dont have to ask if they are just unattended, especially at the park. Go ahead and scoop them up and bring them home and give them a nice bed of hay and some food. they will thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by