Dumpster Diving-Garage Sale-Goodwill-Thrift Store & Craigslist Finds

Went to our local Dollar Tree and found 6 boxes containing 16 Christmas cards in each box for what I thought was $0.25. There were in the sales buggy and there was only the 6 boxes in the buggy. When I went to check out, she scanned them and they were only $0.01. So, I got all of that for $0.06. I don't send out Christmas cards but I bought them anyway to give to friends and co-workers.

I also scored 16 round pavers and 20 red brick pavers for $5.00. A guy on Craigslist was selling them.

Also got a green and white antique water pitcher and basin for only $2.00 from the same guy.

Went to our local Dollar Tree and found 6 boxes containing 16 Christmas cards in each box for what I thought was $0.25. There were in the sales buggy and there was only the 6 boxes in the buggy. When I went to check out, she scanned them and they were only $0.01. So, I got all of that for $0.06. I don't send out Christmas cards but I bought them anyway to give to friends and co-workers.
I also scored 16 round pavers and 20 red brick pavers for $5.00. A guy on Craigslist was selling them.
Also got a green and white antique water pitcher and basin for only $2.00 from the same guy.
Awesome score Kuntrygirl!!!
yesss.gif

I picked this up about an hour ago on my lunch break. As I was driving by this mechanic parts shop, this shipping crate was calling my name, so I had to turn in and answer. I went inside and asked the guy if they had any shipping crates that they wanted to get rid of. He said that he just got 1 in and if I wanted it that I could have it. So, he pointed to the shipping crate that was calling my name. He told me to back in and he would load it in my truck. It is PERFECT!!!! I was looking for something taller for my baby poults and this will make the perfect brooder. It's very light, so I can move it where I need it with no problems. :D

Last edited:
. It is PERFECT!!!! I was looking for something taller for my baby poults and this will make the perfect brooder. It's very light, so I can move it where I need it with no problems.
big_smile.png
If I may make a suggestion???

Try to find some scrap linoleum or peel and press tiles to cover the bare wood just in case there are oils or other contaminates on the wood. You don't want the peeps to ingest anything potentially poisonous. It also will help with clean up.

Good score. I would have taken it too.
thumbsup.gif

. It is PERFECT!!!! I was looking for something taller for my baby poults and this will make the perfect brooder. It's very light, so I can move it where I need it with no problems.
big_smile.png
If I may make a suggestion??? Try to find some scrap linoleum or peel and press tiles to cover the bare wood just in case there are oils or other contaminates on the wood. You don't want the peeps to ingest anything potentially poisonous. It also will help with clean up. Good score. I would have taken it too.
thumbsup.gif
Thank you. They sell those at our local dollar store and they are not expensive at all. Great tip. I will do just that! :thumbsup

Last edited:
Scored a portable propane heater at the dump today, just before the owner threw it in the compactor. I asked what was wrong with it and he said it didn't work. So I took it home, plugged it in, hooked a propane tank to it and he was right, it didn't work. but with a little sand paper on the thermocouple I had it running and heating up my garage in about 5 minutes. I love finds like this.

Scored a portable propane heater at the dump today, just before the owner threw it in the compactor. I asked what was wrong with it and he said it didn't work. So I took it home, plugged it in, hooked a propane tank to it and he was right, it didn't work. but with a little sand paper on the thermocouple I had it running and heating up my garage in about 5 minutes. I love finds like this.

:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom