Dumpster Diving-Garage Sale-Goodwill-Thrift Store & Craigslist Finds

I got 8 peafowl (3 cocks and five hens) from my local park about a month ago for free.
big_smile.png
I saw someone feeding them and asked what they do with the eggs, and they offered me adult birds instead because the flock was getting too big. I kept one cock and 3 hens, and gave a pair to each of two friends.
smile.png

I got 8 peafowl (3 cocks and five hens) from my local park about a month ago for free.
big_smile.png
I saw someone feeding them and asked what they do with the eggs, and they offered me adult birds instead because the flock was getting too big. I kept one cock and 3 hens, and gave a pair to each of two friends.
smile.png

oh NICE! I am so jealous!
big_smile.png

Congrats on your new birds.. have any pics?

Yes, I do
hide.gif
. My latest two are both 6 year old hens. One is a spaulding and one is a black shoulder I got off craigslist for $100.00 for the two of them. The spaulding got a nasty case of sinusitis I had to suck out with a needle and then give her shots of antibiotic just under her eye. I was really just making conversation. I dont have room for anymore right now anyway. That spaulding is so friendly she will eat out of my hand but to my first hen and the male, shes a ...... well very dominant. I'm glad he still likes his shirt. I think I wore mine yesterday too! Talk at ya later Heather!

Check out PINTEREST. I don't know if you have to have a Facebook page in order to get on it or not, but even if you do, and you aren't interested in FB, just set up an account and use it for Pinterest. It is amazing what people do with EVERYTHING to recycle things. I love it. The recipes are great, and there are homesteading ideas and canning and freezing and you can add to it yourself . . .amazing site and I have learned so much from it. I am a termite, I will dig thru anything to find a treasure, but now have TOO many treasures so going to go thru things this year and honestly clean out what I know I won't use. . .will sell the rest cheap so someone else can do nice things with it. I buy 95% of my clothes at thrift stores, shoes too if I can find them, and LOVE glass dishes and find such good bargains. I think Salvation Army is much better on their prices, but I also have trouble finding clothes there that is as nice as the ones I sometimes find at Goodwill. . .we have a Habitat for Humanity store too that is good for odds and ends, and very reasonable. Just picked up a curling iron there yesterday for $1. Last one i had cost the same and I think it came from a yard sale, but it lasted me almost 8 years . . .I am working at the Real Estate office today, my entire outfit cost $8. My bra cost more than everything put together.
th.gif

Check out PINTEREST. I don't know if you have to have a Facebook page in order to get on it or not, but even if you do, and you aren't interested in FB, just set up an account and use it for Pinterest. It is amazing what people do with EVERYTHING to recycle things. I love it. The recipes are great, and there are homesteading ideas and canning and freezing and you can add to it yourself . . .amazing site and I have learned so much from it. I am a termite, I will dig thru anything to find a treasure, but now have TOO many treasures so going to go thru things this year and honestly clean out what I know I won't use. . .will sell the rest cheap so someone else can do nice things with it. I buy 95% of my clothes at thrift stores, shoes too if I can find them, and LOVE glass dishes and find such good bargains. I think Salvation Army is much better on their prices, but I also have trouble finding clothes there that is as nice as the ones I sometimes find at Goodwill. . .we have a Habitat for Humanity store too that is good for odds and ends, and very reasonable. Just picked up a curling iron there yesterday for $1. Last one i had cost the same and I think it came from a yard sale, but it lasted me almost 8 years . . .I am working at the Real Estate office today, my entire outfit cost $8. My bra cost more than everything put together.
th.gif
lau.gif
thanks for sharing... or should I say "over-sharing"?

I totally get your point though!

Every time someone complements me on a particularly nice piece of decor I fight the urge to tell them the details!
Example: Tiffany shade $6.99. Bronze base $1.49. Total cost just $8.47 and I didn't even have to redo the wiring!

Dumpster Diving Finds:
10 Dog Fancy Magazines (With the posters still in them
celebrate.gif
)
A very nice lamp
A fancy-schmany clock

Goodwill finds:
Several books in the Puppy Patrol series (am always on the hunt for these!)
A free pen (on the floor)

Garage Sale Finds:
Dog Encyclopedia (Worth 20 bucks, got it for 5 bucks!)
Ceramic wolf

Thrift Store Finds:
Ceramic collie, ceramic dalmatian
Plush model horse (Actually very expensive.)

Back
Top Bottom