Duped

MojaveMarlena

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 28, 2013
So am I correct when I presume that so many of these posters on BYC are kids? I had no idea. I guess that they are good sources for information, but....ummm....yeah.

I don't believe there is a huge amount of young people on here - That doesn't mean they don't have things to offer - some of these young people have been actively involved in rearing animals on the family farm.Others have participated in FFA, 4H, showing, breeding, etc. There are many adults on here that are offering advice and don't know half as much as they do.

welcome-byc.gif

X2 Knowledge comes in all ages, sizes, colors, creeds, and other walks of life. All is welcome here.
smile.png

Welcome! I'm in my 30's & I've noticed there's a lot of kids in the social area, but far more older folks in the breeds & raising area.

That said, there are a LOT of 'little professors' here; there's so much new info out there on chickens nowadays that kids who are passionate about chickens are soaking it all up, whereas some older folks are still clinging to older chicken-raising methods - which may or may not work as well.

I'd say take all info you find here & elsewhere online with an open mind; do lots of comparisons, take into account different land/zones/breeds/etc & then find out what works for your flocks personally. Hands-on effort & time are the biggest ways to grow & learn.

Best of luck!

Why do you feel you have been duped? I see many different age groups on here, from all over the planet. And the youth can have much to offer. Just think of their curiosity and enthusiasm! And the 4-H people! And FFA.

Back
Top Bottom