Dust bathing! Pics

LizGled628

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 13, 2010
Rhode Island
My ladies have found the perfect place to get dirty....right against the house , in our flower beds.
60451_img_1723.jpg

60451_img_1725.jpg

60451_img_1730.jpg

It seems that they have also found the perfect place to lay....the litter box. Geesh, these ladies are keeping me busy!
60451_img_2118.jpg

60451_img_2130.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know what to tell you about the whole litter box thing! Those eggs will just have to be thrown out, won't they?
th.gif

I even picked her up and put her in the nesting box when I heard her "singing", and she marched right out and went back to her litter box! It's like having a stubborn toddler!

Quote:
No need to toss the eggs, even though they were in a litter box (gross). Just wash them in some warm (not hot) soapy water, rinse and towel dry. Good as new.

Quote:
No need to toss the eggs, even though they were in a litter box (gross). Just wash them in some warm (not hot) soapy water, rinse and towel dry. Good as new.

Yep, the eggs are fine

Unless they were burried
sickbyc.gif
in more then just litter I wouldn't worry about eating them. Lots of hens like to lay in litter boxes, in fact many people use them for nest boxes.iThe covered kind seem to work especially well--just the right size and all secure and cozy. Maybe you could give them their own litter/nest box in the coop?

Back
Top Bottom