Dust Baths

RDFarms

Songster
5 Years
Apr 8, 2016
Chickens have to have dust baths to fight mites and external parasites.if you don't let your chickens free range then you just need to get a few things.first you need to have a container, about 10 in. deep,diatomaceous earth,wood stove ashes,and dirt. Mix it all together and then pour it in the bowl.Then it will not be long untill your chickens get in the bowl an kick around,But don't worry if your chickens eat some of the mixture because diatomaceous earth worms the chickens too.

Personally I have never found DE to be good for anything. I agree on dust bathing BUT, if birds are already harboring a load of mites/lice, they need spray, specific dusting products etc. on them and around their coop etc. to knock infestation down to a manageable maintenance level.

Hi, I think that maybe this advice would be better served on a different forum than New member Introductions.

Best wishes
CT

I don't know how to change the forum,I am new to this website. To:N F C

I don't know how to change the forum,I am new to this website. To:N F C

There are tabs that go across the top of the page. They are Home, Learning Center, Forum, etc. Click on the Forum tab and a list of choices will come up: Forum Information, Raising Backyard Chickens, Chicken Breeds, and so on. Click on the subject you want to post on, then start a new post or comment on a post that's already started.

You'll get the hang of it, just look around, click on things, get used to how things are set up. Won't be long and you'll be able to navigate in your sleep!

OK thank you so much. you have a great day.
big_smile.png
TO: N F C

Back
Top Bottom