Dusted chickens but still mites

CEO

Songster
Jun 14, 2021
I dusted my chickens and they still have mites. Anyone know why? I used permethrin made by Gardenstar.

I had to alternate, the dust you use worked well for me. I would alternate between the spray and the dust.

A lot of people recommend diatomaceous earth for dusting but it didn't work too well in my case, not sure why.

Have you seen any improvement from dusting/ a reduction in the number of mites?
I dusted them today they seem to not peck their feathers which is an improvement. Also I made a spray for the coop from the article you sent me. Thanks for your help 😀.

I have used pyrethrin spray in the coop and on my flock. Having someone to spray while another gently strokes the feathers “against the grain” to expose the skin seemed to do the trick for me.

I dusted them the way Pork Pie did and I will renew the pine shavings in the coop.

I put the dust in nesting boxes so should I just keep on dusting? Thanks so much, the help is very much appreciated.
I had to alternate, the dust you use worked well for me. I would alternate between the spray and the dust.

A lot of people recommend diatomaceous earth for dusting but it didn't work too well in my case, not sure why.

Have you seen any improvement from dusting/ a reduction in the number of mites?

Back
Top Bottom