Dusty...Or Is This Smoky, LOL? Blue Orpington Suede-ette

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by speckledhen, Oct 10, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I tried and tried to get a decent picture of both 13 week old Blue Orpington pullets today, but they kept coming out blurry. Here is one of the girls-I have to see them together to know who is who. Smoky has lighter hackles than Dusty and is larger. I thought for the longest time she was a he. So, here is either Dusty or Smoky AND a picture of CJ, whose tail is getting very long, as you can see. He hasnt crowed yet, but his shiny midnight blue saddle feathers are coming in now. He's such a sweetheart and so calm.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    absolutely gorgeous!!! I am so jealous! I only have one and want them all [​IMG]
    OMG, I just reread your post!! C.J. is going to be the most beautiful roo ever! I so wish I lived closer. ha ha He such a good looking bird.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  3. speckledhen

When these young ladies grow up, Carrie, you'll have to let me send you some more.

4. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    That is a deal. I just love C.J.!! ha ha Hope I get a roo just like him. But only one roo egg please. ha ha

5. speckledhen

Ok, sure, just one rooster egg. [​IMG]

6. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    [​IMG]

7. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    soo pretty....another one to add to my wish list.[​IMG]

8. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Cyn, those blues are so perty! I am lovin that blue coloring more and more. [​IMG] I am going to have to get me some blue orps soon too.

Jody

9. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Love pictures of my Grand chicks.....even though Im not old enough to be a grandma LOL. She is turning out beautifully Cyn. I hope you get eggs out of her early. The ones I have here are being stinkers and not laying yet.

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Wished there is a DROOL icon in here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by