Dutch Bantam, cross or what?

nuthatched

Orneriness & Co.
Premium Feather Member
Nov 9, 2019
God's Country, Az
2 years ago, my friend bought some assorted bantams from tractor supply, this is one out the bunch.
I always thought she was a dutch bantam but while looking at the hatcheries that provide tsc with chicks ( Meyers and hoovers) neither one has dutch bantams, hoovers has o.e.bs though.
She's streamlined and has the white ear bobs of a Dutch bantam
Does anyone know if either of the mentioned hatcheries had dutch bantams or something she could be 2 years ago?
Could she just be an o.e.b with white ear bobs?
Her name is ruffles, ironically, because her flock mates are d'Uccles and a silkie
20200121_150637.jpg
20200121_150550(0).jpg
20200121_150635.jpg

She likes her picture taken and is super curious.

2 years ago, my friend bought some assorted bantams from tractor supply, this is one out the bunch.
I always thought she was a dutch bantam but while looking at the hatcheries that provide tsc with chicks ( Meyers and hoovers) neither one has dutch bantams, hoovers has o.e.bs though.
She's streamlined and has the white ear bobs of a Dutch bantam
Does anyone know if either of the mentioned hatcheries had dutch bantams or something she could be 2 years ago?
Could she just be an o.e.b with white ear bobs?
Her name is ruffles, ironically, because her flock mates are d'Uccles and a silkie View attachment 2008174View attachment 2008176View attachment 2008177
She likes her picture taken and is super curious.
I know people here said that hatchery doesn’t have Dutch but I own pure Dutch that I bought eggs from a lady that owns them. She’s beautiful :love
08FA2BAD-22F2-4C3C-9659-15CA68022D85.jpeg

Look like Dutch to me. Single comb, white earlobes, slate legs. Only other thing I can think of are Rosecomb bantams with incorrect combs. But those patterns would be very uncommon for Rosecombs.

I know people here said that hatchery doesn’t have Dutch but I own pure Dutch that I bought eggs from a lady that owns them. She’s beautiful :loveView attachment 2008182
I wish my chickens were that cuddly!
Thank you :] . So, in your experience, you would say she's a dutch as well?
She my favorite of friend's flock, she's has so much personality.
I'm thinking about ordering some dutch hatching eggs this summer but mom says our chicken limit is 20 (we have 18 but we all know bantams are only 1/4 a chicken ';) )

Last edited:
And that’s the rooster
Look like Dutch to me. Single comb, white earlobes, slate legs. Only other thing I can think of are Rosecomb bantams with incorrect combs. But those patterns would be very uncommon for Rosecombs.
Handsome Devil!
So the only remaining mystery is how a dutch came from a hatchery that doesn't even have them. Oh well, we're happy to have her. :]

About has to be a Dutch. I wonder if they have a Dutch hen or two in their Old English breeding pen and don't know it.
That wouldn't completely surprise me if the had dutch bantams mixed in with the English, but maybe my tractor supply ordered from some place that has them?
I'll have to see if there any hatcheries thst have dutch bantams. ( I doubt it though)

I wish my chickens were that cuddly!
Thank you :] . So, in your experience, you would say she's a dutch as well?
She my favorite of friend's flock, she's has so much personality.
I'm thinking about ordering some dutch hatching eggs this summer but mom says our chicken limit is 20 (we have 18 but we all know bantams are only 1/4 a chicken ';) )
And full of cuteness. They are super friendly and love to perch on me.

Back
Top Bottom