Dutch Bantams Breed Thread

Pics
I just love these little birds. It's a shame I can't have roo's, or I'd have a colony of these guys haha.

They had some free range birds at a campground I stayed at several summers as a child, it's where I caught the bug.. Nothing like finding eggs under a bush as a curious 12 year old.. They had a finders keepers rule at the campground. I tried to find some every day! And I actually cared for some Dutch bantams when I was a teen, working at a petting zoo in Holland. I'm purebred Dutch myself (born and raised, lived there 22 years)
lol.png

I was out taking pictures today and 'Spot' kept cutting me off. The smaller they are the more attitude they have. Spot is a whopping 14 ounces, so he is really full of himself. He is not aggresive. He just wanted to see if I had treats, which I didn't.

Spot is a Cream Light Brown Dutch Cock. He is 2.5 years old. Last year his coloring was nicer, but this year he has a lot of coloring bleeding down into his chest. I assume it will be worse each year he molts. He also has some scaring on his ear lobes. He keeps trying to 'dance' for the big laying hens and some of them are rather aggresive about who 'dance' for them.

Back
Top Bottom