Dutch Bantams or OEGB?

You have to consider that all hatchery Dutch are bred TO OEG's, so there is not going to be much difference between the two. True Dutch do not come in the color varieties the hatcheries sell without an outcross.
If you want a friendly nice temperment Dutch bantam, get pure Holland stock. Course there is exceptions to every rule in ALL breeds.

True Dutch...not hatchery dutch, (which are usually OEG crosses anyway), are really calm, very sweetbirds...I have had Dutch Bantams since 1999, and only 2 roos were a little snippy during breeding season......I don`t really have any experiene much with OEG....only have one pair of Spangles and haven`t had them long, but they are sweet too.....I won`t keep a crazy, wild, or mean bird
wink.png
, JMHO, Jane

Thanks for the complements on the silkies!! And, I like to hang around all over the place, I am a member of way too many forums it seems...
big_smile.png

Just Cream Light Brown and Blue Cream Light Brown. I sold off all my Light Browns as they were not as good of a line as my Creams.
I had hatched a few Mille Fleur Chicks from my friend the next town over, but gave them to her as I just do not have room for the extra variety.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom