Dyed/Colored chicks @ Ideal Poultry?! Disturbing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know where you are coming from AF. Don't even get me started on people impulse buying animals. Or impulse breeding, when they aren't prepared to deal with the potential consequences.

It never ceases to amaze me that people will put far less thought into buying a dog, than they do into buying a car, which they won't have for near as many years.

clap.gif
you got that right.

What exactly is wrong with impulse breeding? I mean they made bars pretty much just for that purpose
lau.gif

Bubba

I remember my brothers and I got colored chicks for Easter one year. They were lucky they survived, cause we handled them so much, even slid them down the sliding board and tossed them in the air to see if they would fly. We didn't know any better, we were kids. When they got bigger they went to grandmas farm. We would visit and try to catch the our own chicken(by then there was just a little color left on the tail feathers). One day when visiting GM we couldn't find the chickens, GM said the chicken hawk got them. When it was time to leave, GM went to the freezer and handed mom a bag of some meat. We didn't realize till we were older that the meat in the bag was our chickens!

But anyways, I thought that selling colored chicks for easter was banned years ago because its inhumane.

When we do an experimental cross, we dye the chicks while they are in the shell so we can monitor feather growth. Alot of people think that they dye the chicks after they are hatched but they are actually dyed in the shell by poking a hole in the shell and injecting dye, then covering the hole with wax or a band-aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom