Dyeing chickens pink?

Jimin

Songster
Feb 8, 2019
So I saw this girl on tiktok she her silkie with purple food coloring and I wanted to do it too. But before I jumped on that bandwagon, I did some research just to see what other people have said. Turns out there are a lot of people who like to dye their chickens.

Obviously dyeing an animal a different color is against their own will, unnecessary but fun to look at. People have argued saying that the chicken will be prone to more predators like hawks but where I live we don’t have them.

Others say that it’s fine as long as you use beet juice and make sure that your chicken isn’t too uncomfortable. So you would do a test spray with the dye and if the chicken isn’t screaming bloody murder, it should be fine.

I don’t have any experience with dyeing chickens so I just wanted some input.

One Easter I dyed my leghorn pink and brought her to my grandmother's house, everyone loved it! Whenever I dye them I'm always giving them treats and bringing them in the house because they look so cute, I don't think they mind it in that respect. I used to put cool designs on my silkies too, and painstakingly add stripes and make them into tiger chickens. One rooster I dyed green and gave him black stripes.

It made interaction with the other chickens a little strange, so I usually dyed my loner hens that free range on their own. It would all get washed off after a rain and things would then return to normal.

Back
Top Bottom