dying chickens

Polk13

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 25, 2010
I have lost several chickens in the last few weeks and don't have any idea why. Their head will get droopy or flop over, turns white looking & their eyes seem to have puss coming out of them. I am loosing about 3 chickens in as many days. Any ideas what is causing this?

I don't know the answer but if you go to the top of the menu bar and type in something relating to the symptoms and hit the search button, it should pop up different links and previous post that may address the similar symptoms. Sounds like a disease, so I would do that while waiting for replies. Best wishes.

Did you mean that their combs were droopy and falling over, and not their heads? Chickens can be normal with a flopped over comb--that just happens. With pus coming from the eyes and pale combs you are probably dealing with a respiratory disease. Do the sick chickens smell bad from the head? Do they have puffy eyes or faces? Any nasal drainage, or bloody drainage, coughing or gurgles when breathing? Here is some info on diseases such as coryza, mycoplasma G., and infectious bronchitis: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom