E-Bay Peacock egg sellers

Threre a seller on ebay now that has used 2 different name that selling java eggs has 5 listing for 4 eggs each auction and will ship this week 20 java eggs in a week this make around 50 java eggs he has sold in the last 3 weeks. He has used Brad Leggs and Sids at Texas peafowl pictures and now useing someone elses pictures.
I would report that to Ebay and the owners of the pictures. Recently there was a seller on Ebay selling mille fleur d'uccle eggs and the pictures were taken from popular websites. Eventually he took the pics down and posted pics of his real birds that were not even mille fleur d'uccles! I always ask for more pictures and feel sorry for those get duped by those misrepresenting what they have for sale.

Sjisty,,to me an egg Pre-Sale does have 1 advantage for the seller because once they have the eggs for the sale,they then know exactly where to ship them.But for me personally,it's selling something you don't have.This is my first year selling eggs but have went the past 2 years in your very shoes,,buying and hoping for the best,,but I never bought any Pre-sale auctions.If the birds are that rare why would they offer them to the world on E-bay amd not already have a long waiting list? Or why accept money for nothing in return?

I think one of the reasons some sellers do presales, especially at the beginning of the season, is that generally they get higher prices for their eggs. Some people are overly excited about getting the eggs they want and the bidding goes nuts. An example of this is golden pheasant eggs. Sold as presales, the sellers were getting $40 and up for a dozen. Now they are lucky to get $15.

Last edited:
Whenever I'm bidding on eggs, I always look for the follow-up feedback. If it's all "none hatched", etc., I won't buy. Especially if there's no positive follow-up feedback to counter it. I've never bought peafowl eggs but I am desperate for new colors which are hard to come by in FL so I'm leaning to actually buying some this year.

Quote: I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I NEVER leave NEGATIVE feedback if the eggs arrive intact. If they are packaged good and the postal service was rough on them I would not leave negative feedback. I just like to leave VERY POSITIVE feedback if I have over 50% showing development after a week and I have had much better than that with some shipped eggs. I have hatched many eggs over the past ten years (ducks, geese, chicken, quail, pheasants, guinea, peafowl - yes I am a hatchoholic) and I do realize a lot of things can influence how well a hatch goes. I just wish more people would tell when they have great hatches from a seller.

As many Java Eggs that this seller has on ebay they would need around 30 hens to get that may eggs in a week from a PURE JAVA HENS but then again if you shake the eggs real hard before you ship I guess it don't matter what kind of eggs they are, but they don't shake them and they hatch my money is on Low % Spaldings.

We have had Bronze eggs on ebay recently but we have the hens to cover them.

Hey, Doug that seller responded to you as well didn't they? about using the pictures?

Choctaw Valley Farm,,,my largest pen is with 9 IB hens that finally is starting to lay regularly this week,,popping out 3 eggs a day is the tops so far,but as many as this guy sells each week,he must own over 1/2 of all Java's in the USA,,OR have a secret feed or all ite light source to make his birds think a day is a solid 24 hours of daylight?

Back
Top Bottom