Eagle in Nest

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by whitecra, Mar 17, 2009.

1. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Here is a pic of an Eagle with a baby in the nest. It was taken yesterday in Oklahoma

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

WOW! COOL!!! We are 45 minutes away from a protected eagle habitat....

3. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Cool!

4. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    WOW I wish we could see somthing like that here but not too close to the chickies!

5. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Wow thats amazing!

6. whitecra

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    We saw him fly into the nest and start feeding the babies. Then one baby started flapping his wings. It was so neat to see. I wish I could of got a better picture of him but he was out in the field. This pic is zoomed in with my camera.
    Chris

7. gudrin

gudrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2008
    Minnesota
    I love watching eagles! My husband took this picture from the cow pasture in the river bottom where his folks live.

[​IMG]

His folks have a telescope in their window trained on the nest. They've been coming back to the nest for at least 15 years, maybe even more. I was really looking for the pictures he took through the telescope, but I couldn't find them.

It's so fun watching them take care of their young!

8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Seattlites had an unusual cause for a traffic jam yesterday morning:

Bald Eagle Recovering at Wildlife Center

March 16, 2009

A bald eagle is at the Sarvey Wildlife Center in Arlington recovering after it was injured on I-5 Sunday afternoon.

A couple of good Samaritans and Washington State Patrol blocked off traffic near the UW.

Troopers covered the bird with a blanket and carried it off to the side of the road.

The animal was taken to the Sarvey Wildlife Center in Arlington where workers believe he is suffering from a concussion.

They do not believe the bird was hit by a car but say high winds could have knocked the eagle into a barrier.

They say the bird is about 6-years-old, they've named him "Ravenna" since he was found near the Ravenna Boulevard exit on I-5.

Workers are nursing the bird back to health and say the long term goal is to release him back to the wild.

Administrative Director Kelly Pattison tells Q13 Fox News "assuming everything goes well, he would be inside for a while then move outside to a larger enclosure to get his flight muscles back up and then we would hopefully be able to release him back into the seattle area".

There is no timeline for when the release could happen.

They Sarvey Wildlife Center is a non-profit organization that depends on donations to help them rescue and treat injured animals.​

9. whitecra

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Quote:
    That is cool.
    Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by