Eagle in Nest

whitecra

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
Oklahoma
Here is a pic of an Eagle with a baby in the nest. It was taken yesterday in Oklahoma

DSCF0721-1.jpg

DSCF0723-1-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We saw him fly into the nest and start feeding the babies. Then one baby started flapping his wings. It was so neat to see. I wish I could of got a better picture of him but he was out in the field. This pic is zoomed in with my camera.
Chris

I love watching eagles! My husband took this picture from the cow pasture in the river bottom where his folks live.

17845_eagle.jpg

His folks have a telescope in their window trained on the nest. They've been coming back to the nest for at least 15 years, maybe even more. I was really looking for the pictures he took through the telescope, but I couldn't find them.

It's so fun watching them take care of their young!

Seattlites had an unusual cause for a traffic jam yesterday morning:

Bald Eagle Recovering at Wildlife Center

March 16, 2009

A bald eagle is at the Sarvey Wildlife Center in Arlington recovering after it was injured on I-5 Sunday afternoon.

A couple of good Samaritans and Washington State Patrol blocked off traffic near the UW.

Troopers covered the bird with a blanket and carried it off to the side of the road.

The animal was taken to the Sarvey Wildlife Center in Arlington where workers believe he is suffering from a concussion.

They do not believe the bird was hit by a car but say high winds could have knocked the eagle into a barrier.

They say the bird is about 6-years-old, they've named him "Ravenna" since he was found near the Ravenna Boulevard exit on I-5.

Workers are nursing the bird back to health and say the long term goal is to release him back to the wild.

Administrative Director Kelly Pattison tells Q13 Fox News "assuming everything goes well, he would be inside for a while then move outside to a larger enclosure to get his flight muscles back up and then we would hopefully be able to release him back into the seattle area".

There is no timeline for when the release could happen.

They Sarvey Wildlife Center is a non-profit organization that depends on donations to help them rescue and treat injured animals.​

Back
Top Bottom