Eagle Nest Poultry?

butch

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 3, 2009
Van Wert
Has anyone got any kind of poultry from eagle nest poultry? how did your poultry turn out? is it a good hatchery or a bad one to get my poultry from? Thanks!

I was told by a person in my area who shows chickens that eagles nest stock are very nice. I plan on ordering from them in the spring. I see they have welsummers, bantam favorelles and exhibition dewlap toulouse geese, and their prices are very good.

They are a nice family owned operation. I got some sexed EEs from them several years ago. Sexing was accurate and birds were healthy and beautiful. I also had an opportunity to talk with them on the phone. Great service and very friendly people.

Bill Karcher is the goto guy in this state for anything poultry related. Not only do they have nice birds, Bill and his son Jeff judge many shows around the state. They both contribute countless hours to the promotion of the industry. We have purchased many different varieties of birds from them for the last 7 years and have never been disappointed. Their call ducks are especially show worthy.

You cannot order via the website. best thing to do is call, leave a message and then call back if you don't hear from them in a couple days.
This is a small operation(compared to Ideal or Mcmurphy) and they pride themselves on having quality birds.

If you are near Wooster,Ohio, on March 19 th there is a poultry clinic at the OSU branch. http://www.oardc.ohio-state.edu/4hpoultry/t02_pageview/Calendar_of_Events.htm
Bill
will be one of the speakers and it is worth your time to hear him. What that man doesn't know about chickens isn't worth knowing.

I've ordered from Eagle Nest for a number of years. very pleased. healthy birds. small...very small...operation. so it may be difficult to get a person on the phone. but if you do your questions and concerns will be addressed pleasantly and well.

I did order my BB white turkeys from them last year, and they were great! my two toms weighed 45 and 50 lbs at 22 weeks old! and my hens weighed around 25-28lbs at 22 weeks old. I won Grand champion at the Van Wert County Fair (out of 38 toms) and placed 3rd over all with my pen of two hen turkeys (out of 31 pens of two) and I was very pleased how well the super roasters turned out! NEXT week I have 10 dark brown leghorns, 10 feather legged bantams and some broilers coming from them
smile.png
and I orderd my turkeys and some runner ducks to come next month!!! Eagle Nest Poultry is the best!

Back
Top Bottom