Earliest time to butcher a Wyandotte??

That was a HUGE benefit. The deed and the skinning was less that 4 minutes then I just went inside on the counter for the rest of the butchering. No bugs, no problems.
I actually skin them in the kitchen with a collection can right at the edge of the table and my last cut of the tail drops the skin/feathers and guts into the can. I do not save organs so I can afford to do that. Sometimes a stray feather gets away but I have a broom and dust pan that and often need a little motivation to use them and a stray feather ending up on the floor provides that motivation.

I actually skin them in the kitchen with a collection can right at the edge of the table and my last cut of the tail drops the skin/feathers and guts into the can. I do not save organs so I can afford to do that. Sometimes a stray feather gets away but I have a broom and dust pan that and often need a little motivation to use them and a stray feather ending up on the floor provides that motivation.
I might do that next time. This time I certainly had more than one stray feather though! The tail was a learning curve. After this one unruly boy I actually processed a few more older ones I had been meaning to in the same way and I got much better. Who knew ignoring the thought that you have to pluck would lead to so much easier and faster processing!? Well, I guess you did 🤣 I’d been waiting for the right weekend and the time to get the boiling pot and the plucker blah blah. All I needed was myself and a few minutes.

I might do that next time. This time I certainly had more than one stray feather though! The tail was a learning curve. After this one unruly boy I actually processed a few more older ones I had been meaning to in the same way and I got much better. Who knew ignoring the thought that you have to pluck would lead to so much easier and faster processing!? Well, I guess you did 🤣 I’d been waiting for the right weekend and the time to get the boiling pot and the plucker blah blah. All I needed was myself and a few minutes.
your way might be better but since I use a cone now I have to take it out to skin it and I just go straight to the kitchen. One day the police will be over here for what ever reason and see a trail of blood on my back deck because I rushed in a bird a little too fast to avoid Mosquitos lol. OK I doubt cops have a reason to be in my back yard to see that but a few times I left a drip trail trying to rush things and I can imagine someones reaction to that trail if they saw it.

Back
Top Bottom